Sponsored

Exhaust Mode Selection Not Available

pr8196

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Proj
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 5.0 Need for Green - Custom Pack 2 with Magneride adaptive suspension, rear spoiler
Doesnt look like there is much play in those wires when installing the midpipe initially. Do you think its better to disconnect them before doing so to prevent potential damage?
I recall of Modurstang taking off whole exhaust (along with active exhaust motors down before measuring and cutting off stock resonator. To remove the whole exhaust, they must had disconnected wiring.
Sponsored

Kylemacca01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I recall of Modurstang taking off whole exhaust (along with active exhaust motors down before measuring and cutting off stock resonator. To remove the whole exhaust, they must had disconnected wiring.
Yeah thats the plan, dont fancy the cut in place and trying to wiggle it together.

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 FJG manual/'65 289 Coupe
In this instance the dealer would be able to argue that the exhaust has been modified and would refuse a warranty fix.

Plus the car would have to be booked in etc so the owner just wanted to get it done himself in a couple of hours rather than have to deal with the headache of booking car in and being without it etc.

Just less headache overall.
not true. I had my '19 GT wiring harness replaced on the actuator recently and that had a H-pipe fitted. they didn't even mention it. The wiring is badly installed and rubs on the pinch weld/chassis.

Mind you, i still needed to modify when i got the car home... I basically bent the chassis out of the way slightly with some pliers and covered it in a rubber shield.

OP
OP
V8_MOTOR

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
not true. I had my '19 GT wiring harness replaced on the actuator recently and that had a H-pipe fitted. they didn't even mention it. The wiring is badly installed and rubs on the pinch weld/chassis.

Mind you, i still needed to modify when i got the car home... I basically bent the chassis out of the way slightly with some pliers and covered it in a rubber shield.

Facts are facts lol. The fact remains once you chop your exhaust. You no longer have an exhaust warranty. If the dealership turned around and said no. You wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Everything beyond that is goodwill, luck etc.

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I view this type of situation as a bit of a grey area, which could be debated, either way.

My personal, general approach is if whatever I've changed on my car has resulted in something failing.
Then that is on me.
However, if something fails, which isn't directly relatable to a mod.
Then I go to the dealer & discuss what can be done under warranty.

The dealer I go to are a good bunch.
They can see what has been changed & so on the odd occassion when a little warranty work has been required, both sides know where we're starting from regarding warranty & what I will pay to have fixed, myself.
:like:

Sponsored

Kylemacca01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I view this type of situation as a bit of a grey area, which could be debated, either way.

My personal, general approach is if whatever I've changed on my car has resulted in something failing.
Then that is on me.
However, if something fails, which isn't directly relatable to a mod.
Then I go to the dealer & discuss what can be done under warranty.

The dealer I go to are a good bunch.
They can see what has been changed & so on the odd occassion when a little warranty work has been required, both sides know where we're starting from regarding warranty & what I will pay to have fixed, myself.
:like:
Dealers get paid to do warranty work as well, so if its quiet they are more likely to take it on. Id say if u fit a midpipe and as a result the harness rubs against the body causing the fail there is no way ford should cover that, i havent heard of a single case of that happening online with a stock system. If it just fails with no apparent damage then its a bit more grey.

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 FJG manual/'65 289 Coupe
Dealers get paid to do warranty work as well, so if its quiet they are more likely to take it on. Id say if u fit a midpipe and as a result the harness rubs against the body causing the fail there is no way ford should cover that, i havent heard of a single case of that happening online with a stock system. If it just fails with no apparent damage then its a bit more grey.
There is no way that fitting a midpipe alone should be the cause of this - the wiring is way too close to the chassis to begin with and it's just a matter of luck/time if there will be any issues. Its just a crap install. I follow Supersolo's logic and have argued things like this in the past, I guess depends on how the dealer is.

Kylemacca01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
There is no way that fitting a midpipe alone should be the cause of this - the wiring is way too close to the chassis to begin with and it's just a matter of luck/time if there will be any issues. Its just a crap install. I follow Supersolo's logic and have argued things like this in the past, I guess depends on how the dealer is.
Close maybe, but its either in contact or it isnt, haven't seen a single case as i said with a stock exhaust. Im getting an x pipe fitted next week and im definitely going to be extremely cautions regarding the harnesses, might wrap the exposed wires at the top in some gold heat reflective fibre glass tape just to add another layer of protection as well.
Sponsored

Last edited: