Advertisement

Exhaust Mode Selection Not Available

V8_MOTOR

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
My 5 year old Nephew helps us confirm our diagnosis and keep a watch over us as we work and resolve this issue on a 2018 mustang with an active exhaust system. We also realigned the exhaust system whilst we had the car up and improve the Ford OEM Harness.

This problem is common when the exhaust is modified using a H-Pipe.

I hope you guys find the video useful.

Like and subscribe on the channel. It motivates me to get the camera out whenever i see a car that is having maintenance work being done on it and edit the clips together.

WD Pro

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Two observations from me ... :like:

I have a MU55 plate too !

Please do a video for the removal / fitment of those black mirror caps :like:

And a question - was the H pipe replacement ‘cut’ a bit long leading to the reduced clearance / rubbing ? (Even if it wasn’t, is there much scope for a small reduction in length ?) Asking as I have this job to do in the future :like:

WD :like:

V8_MOTOR

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two observations from me ... :like:

I have a MU55 plate too !

Please do a video for the removal / fitment of those black mirror caps :like:

And a question - was the H pipe replacement ‘cut’ a bit long leading to the reduced clearance / rubbing ? (Even if it wasn’t, is there much scope for a small reduction in length ?) Asking as I have this job to do in the future :like:

WD :like:
Nice. Its the closest I can get to my full name. M. USMAN M U55MUN

A video for that is on the list of things to do. I need to repaint them as the paint quality on those is shocking. I bought them used. More dust in the paint than I ha e in my Dyson.

I think I twas cut fine, it just wasn't pushed in far enough as the owner wanted the tips to stick out a littler further.

The heat expansion of the whole exhaust system would cusse the wire to then rub.

My advice would be to mark where the hangers are resting on the exhaust hooks. That way when you come to set things back up, you align everything as it was from factory.

You would have to take the whole exhaust off and cutting should be easy with the H pipe as a template. Because the existing pipe slides into the h pipe you could in theory make it shorter or longer based on how much play you have on the hooks.

Hope this helps.

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Great video about the DIY fix but surely this fix would still be covered under warranty as car is only a year old? The fact it’s got a H-Pipe won’t make a difference to the dealer, they just replace the faulty parts.

V8_MOTOR

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great video about the DIY fix but surely this fix would still be covered under warranty as car is only a year old? The fact it’s got a H-Pipe won’t make a difference to the dealer, they just replace the faulty parts.
In this instance the dealer would be able to argue that the exhaust has been modified and would refuse a warranty fix.

Plus the car would have to be booked in etc so the owner just wanted to get it done himself in a couple of hours rather than have to deal with the headache of booking car in and being without it etc.

Just less headache overall.

Advertisement

Advertisement

28 - Boomba Racing - 1
Advertisement