Sponsored

MY18/19 Active exhaust - power per mode?

Leeroy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
Mach1 FJG manual/'65 289 Coupe
Quick one for all you active exhaust owners. In the latest brochure it states:

Note: engine power output may be affected depending on the exhaust mode selected

Can’t imagine much in it but have you noticed any difference between the modes? I presume race mode gives highest output.
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
More gas out - more power. ;)!
Quick one for all you active exhaust owners. In the latest brochure it states:

Note: engine power output may be affected depending on the exhaust mode selected

Can’t imagine much in it but have you noticed any difference between the modes? I presume race mode gives highest output.

GW65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT auto convertible
I can't imagine there's much, if anything in it. On my old Vette, claimed power with the standard exhaust was 430 bhp and with the bi-modal it was 437 bhp...and in Europe they claimed 436 bhp with the standard exhaust :cwl:

Even if the US claims were correct, I'd buy a pint for anyone who could actually feel less than 2% increase in power - you'd probably find more difference on a cold morning versus a hot afternoon!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I can't imagine there's much, if anything in it. On my old Vette, claimed power with the standard exhaust was 430 bhp and with the bi-modal it was 437 bhp...and in Europe they claimed 436 bhp with the standard exhaust :cwl:

Even if the US claims were correct, I'd buy a pint for anyone who could actually feel less than 2% increase in power - you'd probably find more difference on a cold morning versus a hot afternoon!
Oh I agree, however it's just another parameter for the whole "OEM dyno" shiz.....Stock car doesn't make enough power to overload one exhaust bank let alone the two.
Sponsored