Sponsored

Exhaust Flex Pipe

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I have picked up some very minor vibes under just the right conditions after installing my TSP longtubes. I attribute this to the exhaust being mounted more solidly since the OEM passenger side midpipe has a flex section and the new pipes do not. I see that summit sells 3” stainless sections of flex pipe. Anyone add something like this back to combat vibes and reduce stress on the system?
Sponsored

BigBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT - 10spd Auto, Performance Pack Lvl 1
Yes indeed. Go with Vibrant TurboFlex sections, 8" or longer, one per side. Zero problems after!

OP
OP
ManBearPig

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Were you able to clamp yours in or have to weld them? I probably should try to find a good stainless welder. I don’t want a hack job at the local muffler shop.

Wonder why the aftermarket systems don’t already have these?

BigBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang GT - 10spd Auto, Performance Pack Lvl 1
I had mine welded in at a muffler shop, they arent meant to clamp in. Find someone with stainless weld wire or have it tigged if you want it to look fancy and last a bit longer.

OP
OP
ManBearPig

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
My Texas speed headers have a fake cat and curved midpipe that bolt together right behind the headers that mate to the factory catback. I’m thinking I could just replace the fake cat pipes with a section of flex on each side. That’s the only place I can see that it would fit. Any good reason not to doo that? That would essentially have the flex pipes connected directly to the header collector.
Sponsored