papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
Even if it would (which I doubt) it wouldn't fix our cars.

I did and instead of being annoyed it will make me smile every time I walk up to my car.
Me too! I know, it's unfair that we have to mod our cars to have it like it should be, but it's the only way.

I mean for them to supply us/advise us an after market fix for the problems, not change them on the new cars.
If Ford had some interest in giving us original drls and taillights, they had the ability to do it. They said that european regulations can't allow these type of lights so I am 100% sure they don't want to mess with these in any way.

Might as well step up to a 50w if you're going to change them. If you want the most usable light, I'd advise replacing the projectors with the EvoX-R's. Which is a simple bolt in after you open the heads to install the DRL's.

BTW, i have a spare set of LED fogs if anyone wants them, just pay the shipping and 50 usd. I'm tired of looking at them.
Actually, regarding headlight brightness I'm not concerned. I should see a direct comparison to maybe think at it.

For the led fogs I'm interested, I'll shoot you a PM :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
John577

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
Might as well step up to a 50w if you're going to change them. If you want the most usable light, I'd advise replacing the projectors with the EvoX-R's. Which is a simple bolt in after you open the heads to install the DRL's.

BTW, i have a spare set of LED fogs if anyone wants them, just pay the shipping and 50 usd. I'm tired of looking at them.
Interesting, did you made the swap with the EvoX-R projector and 50w HID ?
Or do you know someone who made this job ?

I'm trying to find the better light possible for the car. The max power I found was 35w D3S bulb with ballast (like in the US model).

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
The real difference is seen when you upgrade the projector, not so much with higher wattage ballasts. Still, for the price difference between 35w and 50w DS3 ballasts, it makes sense to just get the higher powered one if you're swapping to d3s.

I did the Evo upgrade on both my f150 and my mustang, hands down my favorite mod when the sun goes down.

OP
OP
John577

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The real difference is seen when you upgrade the projector, not so much with higher wattage ballasts. Still, for the price difference between 35w and 50w DS3 ballasts, it makes sense to just get the higher powered one if you're swapping to d3s.

I did the Evo upgrade on both my f150 and my mustang, hands down my favorite mod when the sun goes down.
Do you have a link for the 50w D3S ballasts and bulbs ?
I only find them with 35w.

OP
OP
John577

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another one mod for the headlights???? :frusty:

These Osram come with 25watt D8S socket?

OP
OP
John577

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No if you want to have it like the US model you must swap bulb and ballast.

Our EU comes with 25w D8S ballast and Osram 25w 4300k bulb.
US model comes with 35w D3S ballast and Osram 35w 4300k bulb.

In the link above he only swap the bulb to Osram 35w 5000k bulb and they said it bring a BIG light improvement !

So imagine the result if we change our 25w with that light ! :lol:

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/c...t-gm-dodge-ford-oe-ballasts.html#.VoAsHLYrKHs

Here's the D3 Ballasts. If D1 is a direct swap (they look identical to me), there's a 45w variant. Looks like 35w is the highest wattage available for D3.

Some CBI's and the 35w ballast would net a decent gain, but if you're looking to have the best output possible, you'll need to swap the projectors. The OEM ones aren't that great.

OP
OP
John577

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes that's what I saw, 35w is the max power for D3S ballasts.
The D1S 45w ballast looks a bit strange. It has a protection around it and it has not the 4 holes in the corners ... So don't know if he will fit on the lights.

But from what I saw, 35w ballast + 35w Osram CBI bulbs looks really good to me.

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No if you want to have it like the US model you must swap bulb and ballast.

Our EU comes with 25w D8S ballast and Osram 25w 4300k bulb.
US model comes with 35w D3S ballast and Osram 35w 4300k bulb.

In the link above he only swap the bulb to Osram 35w 5000k bulb and they said it bring a BIG light improvement !

So imagine the result if we change our 25w with that light ! :lol:
Nice. We pay a lot more than americans and we get a lot less. Nice.:mad::mad:

At least the body panels are the same.

Sponsored

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
Yes that's what I saw, 35w is the max power for D3S ballasts.
The D1S 45w ballast looks a bit strange. It has a protection around it and it has not the 4 holes in the corners ... So don't know if he will fit on the lights.

But from what I saw, 35w ballast + 35w Osram CBI bulbs looks really good to me.
Yeah, the Evo's just have a much wider pattern with a crisp cutoff and what is considered as one of the best high beams available. If the OEM's had a true clear lense, they wouldn't be bad at all. I used to have a few of the 35W D3s ballasts laying around, but I sold them to a buddy who retrofits.

I think you're on the money for the best bang for buck upgrade as far as the EU cars are concerned. Those that don't want to spend 200 bucks on the CBI's can get away with the Mori D3s bulbs. They're right in line with the CBI's on output (with a slightly cooler temperature), but cost significantly less.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Nice. We pay a lot more than americans and we get a lot less. Nice.:mad::mad:

At least the body panels are the same.
This was needed because some of our strange EU regulation requires headlight washers with 35W lights.. :crazy:

OP
OP
John577

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This was needed because some of our strange EU regulation requires headlight washers with 35W lights.. :crazy:
And the headlight washers was already available for the US Mustang, so still not more costs for Ford to made it on our EU Mustang !! :mad: :mad:

Damn, when I see all the bills for the stuff I already put in car to have it like I want ... And it comes standard with the US Mustang ... !!! :paddle: :paddle:

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
And the headlight washers was already available for the US Mustang, so still not more costs for Ford to made it on our EU Mustang !! :mad: :mad:
:confused: are you sure? I haven't seen those washers for US Mustang.. unless you refer to US import through Germany. Importers install headlight washers and small rear turning lights to comply EU regulations.

OP
OP
John577

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
:confused: are you sure? I haven't seen those washers for US Mustang.. unless you refer to US import through Germany. Importers install headlight washers and small rear turning lights to comply EU regulations.
Oh well, I took a look again to the US Mustangs and it's true, I don't see any washer on the car.
Sorry for the wrong info :headbonk:

I was effectively referring to the imported version I saw with the little black washers in the bumper.
Sponsored