papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
:) however this is a very strange request by EU laws, maybe only in some countries: why I have to wash my headlights if they are powerful? I could (barely) understand if they refer to low power headlights since if they are also dirty, you can't see the road :D, but if you have big power lights, a bit of dirty on the lens would not harm the light!
Oh well, I gave up trying to understand EU regulations :crazy: :headbonk: :ninja:
Sponsored

caniggia

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2010 GT500 700HP
:) however this is a very strange request by EU laws, maybe only in some countries: why I have to wash my headlights if they are powerful? I could (barely) understand if they refer to low power headlights since if they are also dirty, you can't see the road :D, but if you have big power lights, a bit of dirty on the lens would not harm the light!
Oh well, I gave up trying to understand EU regulations :crazy: :headbonk: :ninja:
The reason you need to wash the lights (idea of this regulation) is when you have dirty headlight, it makes light distracted and it makes other drivers to go blind. But this idea is wrong since even original high pressure washers are not able to wash dirt from headlight. That's why this regulation is stupid.

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Because the washer only is not enough.. I want to make a proposal to have on all cars headlights wipers and washers!!

Sponsored

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Easiest way is to remove bumper and headlight.

caniggia

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2010 GT500 700HP
Not really easy, they work different, ballast has different control pins, some cable modification inside lamp close to ballast is needed, also bulb doesn't fit, bulb or lens needs to be modified, this is easy part. About ballast, this is how i compared 2013 US model vs 2015 EU. Maybe 2015 don't needs modification.
I have 2013 ballast on desk, so i can check how power is supplied to one when i'll finish my lamp build.
So as papinist stated, lamps needs to be removed, not possible to make it on car, maybe if someone is acrobat:)

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Maybe better to swap entire headlight with US version, so you also have drls!

Edit: but not sequential in drl, and that believe me is awesome! :D

Sponsored

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. I suppose a decision should be made upon converting to DRL in order to avoid removing the bumper and headlights twice. ;)

Any other side effects? i.e. overheating, overpower consumption etc?

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I had washers on my Old Renault Megane and after they tried to "wash" the light they were always dirtier than before :lol:
Yeah they sucked and looked incredibly stupid too. I actually had them removed when I changed the front bumper on my Megane to an RS bumper :D