ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

15Oxford5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0.
From what i understand though, Calimer recommends the vengeance, no?
Yes they do recommend it, that doesn't equate to a clutch not being problematic though. It's all mechanical moving pieces so things fail, not to be unexpected in this niche we're in.
Sponsored

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
IMG_1937.jpeg

happy to report, the ESS blower works just fine at 28 degrees F. Was definitely a concern of mine with metal expanding and contracting. Brevin told me before he left that the ball bearings are Swiss ceramic instead of steel so it holds true better. Even at low temperatures. Good stuff, still very happy with my setup

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
IMG_1937.jpeg

happy to report, the ESS blower works just fine at 28 degrees F. Was definitely a concern of mine with metal expanding and contracting. Brevin told me before he left that the ball bearings are Swiss ceramic instead of steel so it holds true better. Even at low temperatures. Good stuff, still very happy with my setup
Wyoming? Did you move? I remember that post you made a long time ago when you were worried about the cold effecting the SCer…. How far you have come! 😁

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
Wyoming? Did you move? I remember that post you made a long time ago when you were worried about the cold effecting the SCer…. How far you have come! 😁
My town is named Wyoming for the post office but it's actually Richmond. So dumb. But yeah man, crazy concept of worrying about the cold weather and now there i am trying to help people with vacuum configurations on gen 2s 🤷‍♂️
If vortech didn't have a cold weather warning in their warranty paperwork, I probably would have had one of them. I wanted a vortech more than anything for over ten years lol but when i asked, Brevin PM'd me directly and answered everything i was concerned about. Wish that guy was still with ESS

WonderDud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Testing on the G3R is proving to be pretty promising. That thing is a race unit for sure. This was posted by Mr. Sam on Facebook, Both blowers were on a 100mm pulley. I'm very impressed with how his car has held up for this long making this much power being as hard driven as it is. Good stuff.

IMG_0130.jpeg

IMG_0129.jpeg

Sponsored

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Seems like great data on the G3R. Id love to see some boost numbers from the different blowers on the same pulley. Id also like to know why it seems they pulled the G3X much higher into the RPMs.

Exploded_Muffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Testing on the G3R is proving to be pretty promising. That thing is a race unit for sure. This was posted by Mr. Sam on Facebook, Both blowers were on a 100mm pulley. I'm very impressed with how his car has held up for this long making this much power being as hard driven as it is. Good stuff.

IMG_0130.jpeg

IMG_0129.jpeg
Unless I'm missing something that graph seems off.
The hp/torque intersection is different for both units. With the x-axis being wheel speed the G3R was either run in a lower trans gear (higher trans gear ratio) or effective rear end ratio was changed (or entered wrong).
Which also explains why the G3R run seems to have ended early though it was actually run out to the same max rpm as the G3X.
Not really a good comparison graph

WonderDud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Unless I'm missing something that graph seems off.
The hp/torque intersection is different for both units. With the x-axis being wheel speed the G3R was either run in a lower trans gear (higher trans gear ratio) or effective rear end ratio was changed (or entered wrong).
Which also explains why the G3R run seems to have ended early though it was actually run out to the same max rpm as the G3X.
Not really a good comparison graph
Yeah I'm not too happy with it either, but based on the 60-130's Bill has gotten and dyno it looks like the g3r is gonna be perfect for the built motor or guys that want to stay centrifugal and be on absolute kill without the crazy torque for the other market options. I'm sure someone is going to be posting some high 3's shortly. Looks like the G3R performs like a G3X with 1psi-1.5psi less boost. I'm excited to see someone's g3R on a much smaller pulley. From the data it looks like you may have room for about another 100hp or so on the 3R vs 3X, I doubt I'll ever need one, but its neat!

Exploded_Muffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Yeah I'm not too happy with it either, but based on the 60-130's Bill has gotten and dyno it looks like the g3r is gonna be perfect for the built motor or guys that want to stay centrifugal and be on absolute kill without the crazy torque for the other market options. I'm sure someone is going to be posting some high 3's shortly. Looks like the G3R performs like a G3X with 1psi-1.5psi less boost. I'm excited to see someone's g3R on a much smaller pulley. From the data it looks like you may have room for about another 100hp or so on the 3R vs 3X, I doubt I'll ever need one, but its neat!
Don't get me wrong, the G3R is most definitely an upgrade and I'll likely replace my G3 with that if my engine ever pops and I need a rebuild.
On Bill's car it outperforms his G3X in every way.
Was referring to that graph specifically since there's not a lot of information out on it yet except a couple people.

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Don't get me wrong, the G3R is most definitely an upgrade and I'll likely replace my G3 with that if my engine ever pops and I need a rebuild.
On Bill's car it outperforms his G3X in every way.
Was referring to that graph specifically since there's not a lot of information out on it yet except a couple people.
Yeah I agree here. It seems like a good blower and definitely an upgrade for someone looking to push the envelope on a built motor. For my purposes Id think I could keep pulleying down the G3X to get to solid power.

Sponsored

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT

IMG_0130.jpeg

IMG_0129.jpeg
This is Mikes car and I’m pretty sure the numbers are fudge in some ways… he likes to make people think he has way less power than he really does.

WonderDud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
This is Mikes car and I’m pretty sure the numbers are fudge in some ways… he likes to make people think he has way less power than he really does.
Lmao… if that ain’t the truth.

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform

IMG_0130.jpeg

IMG_0129.jpeg
Those are some awesome numbers, 700 torque out of a centri is impressive! I would like to see a comparison to the G4, on paper there is only a 100CFM difference. Is the G3R and G4 the same housing size?
Sponsored