ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

WonderDud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
What kind of air temps are the ecoboost seeing with said a/a?
I have a g4 IC, PP1 radiator and 170 thermo and never see over 200 in 100 degree weather in FL.
My car could never….
Sponsored

chohan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT, 301a, 10r80
Stock height for now and the BMR K with no front sway bar 😁
Looks OK to me. That's why I asked because I'm stock also but those 28" seem to fill the fender wells pretty decently.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
My car could never….
Well hopefully with an upgraded radiator yours will come down. Not sure how much difference there really is in the gen 2 design and gen 3 design when it comes to cooling.

Edit: don’t forget I also run e85 so it does help with some cooling properties.

Last edited:

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Get the g4 intercooler now and upgrade to the g4 head unit when u get a built motor…. To the moon
That's what I was thinking. Do you know where people are buying used gen 3 5.0 from?
Get the g4 intercooler now and upgrade to the g4 head unit when u get a built motor…. To the moon
That's what I will do. Do you know where people are buying used 5.0 engines? Unless buying a short block and just buy all components separately like crank, pistons, rods valves etc.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
That's what I was thinking. Do you know where people are buying used gen 3 5.0 from?

That's what I will do. Do you know where people are buying used 5.0 engines? Unless buying a short block and just buy all components separately like crank, pistons, rods valves etc.
Lots of options out there for new short blocks and add what you want component wise if you know how to do it, used long blocks from like Midway Mustang and a few other companies and add what you want or have one built to your spec and hp goals from companies like fast forward racing or RPG!

Sponsored

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
IAT was normally 5-8F over ambient when steady-state 25MPH or better.
Not to bad… the real question is how quick do the iat’s bounce back to that after a pull or back to back pulls?
On a g3 ic I would see 2-3 degrees above ambient and with a g4 I will be at ambient when it’s not 100 degrees out. But my return time to ambient or close is literally like 30 seconds at most and I see maybe an average rise of 25-30 degrees during a pull on the street. At the track I’m sure things would be a different story because I’m not cruising along constantly but the bigger IC is doing what it is supposed to do.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
@shogun32 my man Josh Parker of Parker performance swears by this a/a IC for the Eco’s and it’s pretty big and covers almost as much of the radiator as the ESS g3 and g4!!
IMG_1671.jpeg

IMG_1672.jpeg

blakeman8192

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT, 2021 Tesla M3P
it's rather disturbing to me that they so cavalierly suggest something really freaking dumb. Are crash bars optional at prepared drag racing tracks? Because nobody ever goes sideways and hit the unprotected concrete wall?
The instructions that I used (from the website) do not say to leave the crash bar off. Maybe they're putting an outdated version of the instructions on the USB drive? If so they'd probably want to know.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
the real question is how quick do the iat’s bounce back to that after a pull or back to back pulls?
I don't have that car anymore but I'd say 30 seconds was the approx recovery time.
If you sat and sat in traffic and were seeing +25 or more the recovery was closer to a minute as the IC itself needed to uncook itself.

Sponsored

WonderDud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I just saw this… was gonna ask if they were gonna send a few out for independent testing or if we have to just take their word on this.
Are they supposed to make more power? whats the objective? im sad that i may have ordered too early!

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
IMG_7571.jpeg

I guess there are new G3 blower options. Normal, XHO and R
Please do share any info you may have on these i can't find anything about them or that they even exist. I'm on a G2 so I might be up for an upgrade this fall just for the fun of it lol