Sponsored

ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Anyone know the O-ring size for the dipstick?
Not sure if you ever got your answer but I just needed to replace mine and this size worked perfectly.

image.jpg
Sponsored

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Good to know thanks. Back on topic here with ESS specifically lol with the GT350 intake, there's a plugged line and the air inlet tube line. Instead of doing the tee fitting for gen 2, can i just run the BOV off the capped line and inlet tube off the normal inlet tube and be done?
IMG_1098.jpeg

edit: i understand the green thing with two pancakes is a dual check valve but a check valve in which direction or both directions? Does the green thing equalizer pressure when needed? If so, the capped line would give me 100% boost reference with no additional ways of setting off the BOV which would be nice
That green thing is an aspirator. The top part should be black and also should be an open pass through. The GT's use this for the brake booster (I think) but on the GT350 manifolds it's capped off. The brighter portion of the aspirator uses a venturi effect to alter the vacuum by changing diameters. The other end (to the right in pic) just goes to the intake tube before the TB as you showed.

This is a pic from the ESS website of how they hooked things up on a GT350. This is how I plan to run my reference tube for the BOV

EDIT: You could also take that ugly thing out altogether, cap off one of those ports on the manifold (rubber hoses to the left in the pic) and use the other to supply a vacuum block and use the ports for all manner of things (as suggested earlier by sheepdog)

Trying to link direct to full size pic Mustang S550 GT350/MACH 1 G3 Tuner Kit (Wholesale Direct) - ESS Tuning
scroll to pic 6
vacuumthinglarge.jpg

Last edited:

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
Now you guys got me wanting to check and see if my o-ring is in placeā€¦ argh!
I was still chasing an oil spray issue from the SC. After validating the SC oil level 900 times I took a close look at the dipstick o-ring and noticed there was a small section that was damaged (photo below).

image.jpg

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if you ever got your answer but I just needed to replace mine and this size worked perfectly.

image.jpg
I didnā€™t lolā€¦ thanks.. I picked some up from harbor freight and the one Iā€™m using from that pack is a little thicker and smaller so not sure how long it will last.. at least now I can pickup some that fit a little better. Thanks

Sponsored

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I was still chasing an oil spray issue from the SC. After validating the SC oil level 900 times I took a close look at the dipstick o-ring and noticed there was a small section that was damaged (photo below).

image.jpg
Appreciate the picture my friend!

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Stock cats from what Iā€™ve read should be fine up to ~800-900hp.. and seem to hold up better than most aftermarket hi-flow cats. Iā€™m still rocking the stock active exhaust w/ just the H-pipe, to afraid to try aftermarket cats from the things Iā€™ve read and donā€™t want to worry about emissions so I donā€™t want to go cat-less.
I blew my cats out with 680 hp

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase

jmagnus87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Magnus
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Comp Orange '22 Chevy Silverado
That green thing is an aspirator. The top part should be black and also should be an open pass through. The GT's use this for the brake booster (I think) but on the GT350 manifolds it's capped off. The brighter portion of the aspirator uses a venturi effect to alter the vacuum by changing diameters. The other end (to the right in pic) just goes to the intake tube before the TB as you showed.

This is a pic from the ESS website of how they hooked things up on a GT350. This is how I plan to run my reference tube for the BOV

EDIT: You could also take that ugly thing out altogether, cap off one of those ports on the manifold (rubber hoses to the left in the pic) and use the other to supply a vacuum block and use the ports for all manner of things (as suggested earlier by sheepdog)

Trying to link direct to full size pic Mustang S550 GT350/MACH 1 G3 Tuner Kit (Wholesale Direct) - ESS Tuning
scroll to pic 6
vacuumthinglarge.jpg
lol i downloaded the instructions, looked everywhere in there for the gt350 stuff only showed 18+ in the instructions ROFL who would have thought you could just simply look at all the pictures in the gt350 section of the website šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ thanks a ton Joe!

Sponsored

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot_Ricky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt
Yeah, I'm glad I'm doing them now lol
I had a hell of a time. The passenger side was a nightmare. Plus figuring out which studs to keep, which had to be removed was trial and error. cross threaded 2 of the motor mount bracket bolts and had to tap them. Then a week after install the damn stage8 locking clips were rattling like crazy. I could hear it at idle. So I just removed the clips all together

HAVOC_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I had a hell of a time. The passenger side was a nightmare. Plus figuring out which studs to keep, which had to be removed was trial and error. cross threaded 2 of the motor mount bracket bolts and had to tap them. Then a week after install the damn stage8 locking clips were rattling like crazy. I could hear it at idle. So I just removed the clips all together

Yeah, forget that. Honestly that sounds like a nightmare that I'm sorry you dealt with. I could only imagine the look on your face when that crap happened.

I'm glad I went with the things that I did. BMR K Member, BMR Engine Mounts and the headers to make things easier.

I'm hoping to get the manifold cleaned tomorrow, get the manifold, rails, and injectors mounted. Swap to the 6510 plugs after gaping them. Get the rest of the suspension swapped over to the K member, and get the engine mounted to K member to go up.
Sponsored