Brad1810r80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 2018 F150
This kit literally is one of the easiest things I’ve install. It’s awesome
I never boosted my s197 because I figured I'd be better off buying a coyote, but with my new s550 I think I may keep it forever and if it starts feeling outdated I'll get one of these on it xD

The hard part imo is finding a reputable place to install it. I found a place near me that does these and they are reputable for installing supercharges, but they don't really have much knowledge about compatibility and etc. They rely on you to figure out what your car needs and then install it for you.

Also I asked them a few questions they said they would look up and get back to me and they never did so I'm looking for another shop.
is kit
Sponsored

hoss_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cj
Vehicle(s)
2020 PP1 Mustang GT 10r80
K member, anti gravity battery, removing jacking rails, baer brakes, bmr front and back crash bars, and removing the black steel supports in the front wheel well was about 200 lb. I kept all seats and interior. Besides seats, at this point weight reduction was going to be very expensive; 200 lb wasn't hard or outrageous for costs. I have since put the jacking rails back, as they make jacking easier and worth the 15 lb.

I don't see 3300 without gutting, but dumps off the headers and skinnies and the above will be close.
understood my man. Im curious where ill be all said and done. Low boost and low weight is what im aiming for. I m hoping to get some roll races form guys i normally couldn't since I'm on low boost.

hoss_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cj
Vehicle(s)
I never boosted my s197 because I figured I'd be better off buying a coyote, but with my new s550 I think I may keep it forever and if it starts feeling outdated I'll get one of these on it xD

The hard part imo is finding a reputable place to install it. I found a place near me that does these and they are reputable for installing supercharges, but they don't really have much knowledge about compatibility and etc. They rely on you to figure out what your car needs and then install it for you.

Also I asked them a few questions they said they would look up and get back to me and they never did so I'm looking for another shop.
The hardest part about installing this kit will be taking the bumper off, if that tells you anything. This is a super simple install and will take 3 hours if i wanted to really get it done. I am a manager of a shop and blessed by the fact i can use the lifts at my pleasure. I will take my time and have fun doing it.

Brad1810r80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 2018 F150
Just removed nearly 40lbs from the front of my car!!! K brace , firewall brace , sway bar , and the steel plates behind front tires.

Remove the fender liners, they are in the back side of the wheel well. I believe they keep the wheels from entering the cab in a crash.
63AA24BC-0AE6-4D8A-9AF2-7A15DDD3F54E.jpeg

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Just removed nearly 40lbs from the front of my car!!! K brace , firewall brace , sway bar , and the steel plates behind front tires.

63AA24BC-0AE6-4D8A-9AF2-7A15DDD3F54E.jpeg
There might be another part to remove. IIRC the cowl brace attaches to another part that bolts to the cowl and serves no other purpose but to secure the brace. So, if your car came from the factory with the cowl brace, that part is still on your car (or out of frame). What's crazy is that FP sells a combo strut and cowl brace but doesn't include that part so there are cars out there that don't have the part (or benefit from the cowl brace they added).

Brad1810r80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 2018 F150
You have a picture of it by any chance??

There might be another part to remove. IIRC the cowl brace attaches to another part that bolts to the cowl and serves no other purpose but to secure the brace. So, if your car came from the factory with the cowl brace, that part is still on your car (or out of frame). What's crazy is that FP sells a combo strut and cowl brace but doesn't include that part so there are cars out there that don't have the part (or benefit from the cowl brace they added).

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Sponsored

Brad1810r80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 2018 F150
It’s literally 20 mins of work. That’s 40lbs , decent amount of weight.

When I’m on my drag pack is on my car, passenger seat and rear seat removed my car is 280lbs lighter than a stock car. Decent amount. Still could do k member and Baer brakes that would be another 100 lbs.

id rather take a big poop than all the hassle of removing that stuff

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
id rather take a big poop than all the hassle of removing that stuff
If you can take a
It’s literally 20 mins of work. That’s 40lbs , decent amount of weight.

When I’m on my drag pack is on my car, passenger seat and rear seat removed my car is 280lbs lighter than a stock car. Decent amount. Still could do k member and Baer brakes that would be another 100 lbs.
And a poop that big will take more than 20 min to pass.

hoss_s550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cj
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone that ordered this month received their kit yet? not rushing but I'm just curious.
Sponsored