2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
I'm all in, tune included for $6800 which includes lu47's, VMP BAP, NGK Plugs, 170 thermostat and some other miscellaneous tools/supplies that I personally needed to complete the install.
Apples to apples, Paxton kit with Lund tune, bap, 47s, ngk, and 170 stat comes to $6930. Still cheaper, but not sever thousand. Again, not you others were putting inaccurate information on here.

I think you were in Sugarland, if looking for a Dyno ace's in Pasadena has one.

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Apples to apples, Paxton kit with Lund tune, bap, 47s, ngk, and 170 stat comes to $6930. Still cheaper, but not sever thousand. Again, not you others were putting inaccurate information on here.

I think you were in Sugarland, if looking for a Dyno ace's in Pasadena has one.
I'm actually in Lake Jackson South of Houston. My plan is to dial in the 93 tune on the street, then will take it to the dyno for the race gas tune. I've been to Ace's before, they set up my exhaust. I just have to coordinate the effort with my tuner and Ace's, fortunately Lund has a solid working relationship with the guys over at Ace's.

I'm not knocking the Paxton or Vortech kits for not being a solid option, for me it came down to cost, ease of install, ease of pulley changes and the ability to grow with the kit.

Last edited:

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
I'm actually in Lake Jackson South of Houston. My plan is to dial in the 93 tune on the street, then will take it to the dyno for the race gas tune. I've been to Ace's before, they set up my exhaust. I just have to coordinate the effort with my tuner and Ace's, fortunately Lund has a solid working relationship with the guys over at Ace's.

I'm not knocking the Paxton or Vortech kits for not being a solid option, for me it came down to cost, ease of install, ease of pulley changes and the ability to grow with the kit.
If you have Lund, consider just data log both tunes, plenty of room on 288. I did this with pump and then e85, it was easy and quick (I would sometimes get revisions before I made it home and would hotspot my phone and reload). The Dyno session will make it occur quicker and all at once, but they are doing the same thing. If you are doing it during working hours during the week, revisions will come quick. Then when worked out go and dyno and try different pullies, air filters, etc. Aces is a little behind right now, had some folks out sick but they are catching up.

I wasn't knocking ESS either, nor did I think you were vortech. Each manufacturer/kit has it's plusses and minuses. The decisions should be data driven, but I realize people get emotional about just about everything (I can relate, I'll never buy a Chevy; and now I love vortech, not really). The main reason I come here is to gather information (and share what I've learned). When I was researching I looked at many threads on the topics. It was sometimes obvious when folks were giving inaccurate information and sometimes it wasn't.

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
If you have Lund, consider just data log both tunes, plenty of room on 288. I did this with pump and then e85, it was easy and quick (I would sometimes get revisions before I made it home and would hotspot my phone and reload). The Dyno session will make it occur quicker and all at once, but they are doing the same thing. If you are doing it during working hours during the week, revisions will come quick. Then when worked out go and dyno and try different pullies, air filters, etc. Aces is a little behind right now, had some folks out sick but they are catching up.

I wasn't knocking ESS either, nor did I think you were vortech. Each manufacturer/kit has it's plusses and minuses. The decisions should be data driven, but I realize people get emotional about just about everything (I can relate, I'll never buy a Chevy; and now I love vortech, not really). The main reason I come here is to gather information (and share what I've learned). When I was researching I looked at many threads on the topics. It was sometimes obvious when folks were giving inaccurate information and sometimes it wasn't.
I'm okay with logging on the street for some things, but I'm becoming more risk adverse the older I get. Lol I'm sure it will be okay, but I want to put it on the dyno for final revisions on race gas. It may not require any revisions once on the dyno, but for me it would just be icing on the cake and besides, I'm curious to know what it will put down on race gas through the A10 and the 9psi pulley. I suspect somewhere in the 700whp which is right where I want to be for the moment.

I didn't think you were knocking ESS and I hope I wasn't coming off as being a nut swinger for ESS. Honestly, it's a little early for that. I have yet to install the kit or have it tuned, but what I can say about ESS is the kit seems to be manufactured to a very high standard and I'm more than excited to complete the installation and tuning. There's a heads/cam full bolt on e85 Gen6 SS-1LE that I need to take to gapplebee's when it's all said and done. He put down 570whp and a ton of low and midrange torque that even my e85, exhaust A10 couldn't hang with. A properly built NA LT1 is no joke, and I don't like getting my ass dragged. Much like yourself I'm just here to research and share information. Cheers!

Last edited:

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Thought LUND hasn't tuned a ESS unit yet ?

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Thought LUND hasn't tuned a ESS unit yet ?
I had heard that Lund had already tuned a couple of them, however I believe this will be my tuner's first time on the ESS.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10

Exploded_Muffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Done with my setup for now (ESS G2 kit with 9.5 psi pulley, long tubes with green cats, methanol kit for cooling/octane protection, 93 octane gas).
Pretty hot day (100F) - had a few runs to optimize my methanol start and full injection boost points and the car made 688/521 for its best run

I love the exhaust but it's become quite loud after supercharging. I have cats on the long tubes and running the Borla 60661 resonator + S-type mufflers so not sure what else can be done to quiet things down a bit. Any suggestions that won't rob power or should I just embrace my inner hooligan :rockon: ?

ESS_Dyno_Pull.jpg

Sponsored

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Done with my setup for now (ESS G2 kit with 9.5 psi pulley, long tubes with green cats, methanol kit for cooling/octane protection, 93 octane gas).
Pretty hot day (100F) - had a few runs to optimize my methanol start and full injection boost points and the car made 688/521 for its best run

I love the exhaust but it's become quite loud after supercharging. I have cats on the long tubes and running the Borla 60661 resonator + S-type mufflers so not sure what else can be done to quiet things down a bit. Any suggestions that won't rob power or should I just embrace my inner hooligan :rockon: ?

ESS_Dyno_Pull.jpg
Switch back to the stock active valve mufflers (if you had those) and change the tips. I am catless with no resonator and stock active mufflers. It is so nice to quiet down the car or make it sound like a monster all by a button.

Our cars made just about the same on pump gas that's pretty cool.

Last edited:

Exploded_Muffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Switch back to the stock active valve mufflers (if you had those) and change the tips. I am catless with no resonator and stock active mufflers. It is so nice to quiet down the car or make it sound like a monster all by a button.

Our cars made just about the same on pump gas that's pretty cool.
I prefer the look and sound of the S-types so will be keeping those. I forgot the dyno pull was done in drag mode with the valves fully open so that's as loud as it gets. Will be doing most of my driving in Sport+ with exhaust set to normal and that should be fine.
The active exhaust system really is a great feature!

Yeap, similar numbers to kevinvan6000 as well. We're starting to get an idea of the capability of the kit. Will you be running mainly your 91 or E54 tune?

Nice numbers !!!
Thank you sir!
Are you planning to join the ESS side? We have cookies :clap:

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I prefer the look and sound of the S-types so will be keeping those. I forgot the dyno pull was done in drag mode with the valves fully open so that's as loud as it gets. Will be doing most of my driving in Sport+ with exhaust set to normal and that should be fine.
The active exhaust system really is a great feature!

Yeap, similar numbers to kevinvan6000 as well. We're starting to get an idea of the capability of the kit. Will you be running mainly your 91 or E54 tune?

Thank you sir!
Are you planning to join the ESS side? We have cookies :clap:
I am rolling around on the flex fuel tune rn. I moved a few weeks back. Now the closest e station is a 30 minute drive so when I'm in that area I get e but when I'm not I use 91.
Sponsored