ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

Brad1810r80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 2018 F150
Stock 10r80 shifts close to 7500. That's what he's trying to say has nothing to do with manual mode.

Should be alright, I have a 10R80 and barely ever put it in manual mode. I’ll go scoot around in my GTI if I want to shift gears haha
Sponsored

Colin1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 2015 VW GTI PP
Stock 10r80 shifts close to 7500. That's what he's trying to say has nothing to do with manual mode.
Ahhh good point, missed that.

Well I’m sticking with the age old adage “trust your tuner.”

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
Ahhh good point, missed that.

Well I’m sticking with the age old adage “trust your tuner.”
Did you tell your tuner to lower the shift points? If you make to much boost at the higher rpms, and have detonation they will not pay to fix your car. I trust them too, but am I fully aware that anything that breaks due to me wanting more power will cost me and not them.

Brevin@ESS

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang GT
holy shit that's a great price!

now, i have a few questions.... I already have the LU47 injectors because i'm running +18 intake manifold and E85... are those injectors good enough for how much boost? i was aiming for the 120mm pulley for 7.5 psi... do i need bigger injectors? what would be the guesstimated whp using the injectors with that pulley and the fuel pump that's included with the kit? I wanna keep my +18 IM if possible... and i wanna go 93 oct... its a little bit annoying not able to travel with the car sometimes due to the lack of E85 at some places
I’m assuming you have a gen 2 car because you upgraded to a 18+ manifold? If that’s the case those LU-47’s will be ok with the 120mm and 93. You will need the DW pump or a BAP as well. That should get you somewhere in the 610-630 whp range for a gen 2 and that boost level. Hope that helps.

Sponsored

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
holy shit that's a great price!

now, i have a few questions.... I already have the LU47 injectors because i'm running +18 intake manifold and E85... are those injectors good enough for how much boost? i was aiming for the 120mm pulley for 7.5 psi... do i need bigger injectors? what would be the guesstimated whp using the injectors with that pulley and the fuel pump that's included with the kit? I wanna keep my +18 IM if possible... and i wanna go 93 oct... its a little bit annoying not able to travel with the car sometimes due to the lack of E85 at some places
Nobody answered my question ☹
Certainly run your goals by who ever is tuning you.
Sounds like you have a 15-17. If it were me I would upgrade them to 1050's or DW95's, and not have the 47's duty cycle approaching 100% and limit what RPM you can rev up to. Centri's get better the higher you can rev them. That manifold upgrade does best at higher RPMs as well.
keep the 18+ IM, 93 oct., and shoot for 675whp+ at 7750RPM.
You'll probably be ok and see 610-630 if you keep it 7k RPM and below.

50-75hp with the injectors to support the extra RPMs, is worth it to me. You can find deals on injectors if you look around too. People are always upgrading.

kenand1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Very impressed with the ESS G3 kit and 120mm pulley on 93 pump! It made a bunch more that we thought. A very nice kit for sure, especially for the cost!

Awesome! I believe the numbers, you're basically making what i did on the 115mm pulley and e54. but you do have a different IM and throttle body, 93 and I had a g2 at the time. Do you know if boost was logged during either run?

Last edited:

Roostfactor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium auto
Just ordered my g3 for my 21 PP1. This is an all around fun car for playing and road tripping in, not for track or drags.
Going for a safe 91 tune (because of unknown gas stations in unknown areas) and the 125mm pulley.
I dont plan on dynoing it but should put me around 625whp from what I've seen in this thread.

Wengert is doing the tuning.
Going to try the newly recommended plugs NGK 95822 and DW415 pump with no bap
1000cc FIC injectors.

Now for the im-patient waiting period.

Sponsored

tnk_2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Henry
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT, 401A, auto, CS, Ford SS.
I have a 2020 gt/cs, 401A, auto. 91 octane only.

what kit, pulley size, injectors, fuel pump do you guys suggest I should get?

thanks
Henry

Roostfactor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium auto
I have a 2020 gt/cs, 401A, auto. 91 octane only.

what kit, pulley size, injectors, fuel pump do you guys suggest I should get?

thanks
Henry
We I read all 136 pages of this thread and after chatting with Daryle Wengert and Brevin at ESS my post above is a good recommendation for 91. I chose the "mild" pulley and 91 tune so I don't have to hassle as much about fuel octane when I'm out on road trips.
I will still keep a bottle of Octanium so I'm prepared in case I can't find good 93 wherever I am at the time.

I chose larger pump over the bap as it's cheaper and probably better overall.

Get with your tuner over injector and spark plug recommendation.

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
i think i wanna go with the bigger injectors and go for the high 600 instead of the low 600... so, eventually some LU47 will be here for sale lol... i think i drove the car like 2000 miles since the swap

Last edited:

vunguyen12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vu
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Black
Hey guys, I installed my ESS G3 a couple of weeks ago and was running very lean at idle with random misfires. I did all I could and eventually took it to a shop for a smoke test and they sent me this video.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0be4VSbyaf8yk6IeqKp30nfyQ

What is that!? Is it a part of the intake manifold that popped off? Shop said I need a new intake manifold because they cannot identify the part that came off. I believe it can just be plugged with something but not sure. Your thoughts?

I'm still running on a base tune and haven't done anything crazy hahha

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
Hey guys, I installed my ESS G3 a couple of weeks ago and was running very lean at idle with random misfires. I did all I could and eventually took it to a shop for a smoke test and they sent me this video.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0be4VSbyaf8yk6IeqKp30nfyQ

What is that!? Is it a part of the intake manifold that popped off? Shop said I need a new intake manifold because they cannot identify the part that came off. I believe it can just be plugged with something but not sure. Your thoughts?

I'm still running on a base tune and haven't done anything crazy hahha
Looks like the front of the IMRC shaft may have cracked through. It runs through the manifold from the control in the back. It's all suppose to be structural and solid there. I would not attempt to plug that, and just get a new manifold, especially if you are boosted, a patch or plug is just not a good idea.
Sponsored