Sponsored

Erratic fuel trims?

codereddew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Before anyone asks, I already sent Lund some logs and waiting on response. I just wanted some outside input from some second (or 3rd) set of eyes.

Car is 2019 GT PP1 on E85R Lund tune, Airaid intake tubing w/ stock airbox, and MAK delete pipes.

3 total logs. 1 WOT (albeit short), cruising, and two idle logs. I know the WOT is pretty short but too many cops were out at the time.

https://datazap.me/u/codereddew12/050521-logs?log=0&solo=19

My previous car had pretty steady fuel trims on E85R Lund tune but I did have cats on that car. This car seems to have much more erratic fuel trims and I don’t know if I’m imagining this but I feel like the car has some slight transmission flaring, esp with 2-3 and 3-4 shifts. I also feel some very mild bucking from time to time, but I know these cars can have pretty sensitive torque management.

Is this a normal variant or could there be some issues with the MAK delete pipes? O2 sensors? Am I being paranoid and should just put my Ngauge away lol. Should I request for tighter fuel trims?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
How long has it been since you did a KAM reset or flashed the car? LTFT will constantly adjust and there are a variety of things that could affect it. Looks like it is pulling fuel pretty much across the board, possibly just have little lower ethanol % on the current tank.

OP
OP
codereddew

codereddew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
How long has it been since you did a KAM reset or flashed the car? LTFT will constantly adjust and there are a variety of things that could affect it. Looks like it is pulling fuel pretty much across the board, possibly just have little lower ethanol % on the current tank.
I did KAM reset couple days ago and still having these wide variations in fuel trims. E85 has been testing a bit lower than usual, but not substantially below E85 (~75%). Lund told me they don't see any issues in the logs other than running richer, so maybe it's all in my head and I'm creating problems that aren't there lol

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
I did KAM reset couple days ago and still having these wide variations in fuel trims. E85 has been testing a bit lower than usual, but not substantially below E85 (~75%). Lund told me they don't see any issues in the logs other than running richer, so maybe it's all in my head and I'm creating problems that aren't there lol
If the Ethanol percent is 10% lower than 85, you will see that percent difference as being rich via fuel trims. I wouldn't get too worried about it, these cars can handle trims into the 20% range.
Sponsored