Sponsored

Engine "Rattle"

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
As far as taking it to the dealer, I'm trying to avoid that as long as possible because it's such a hassle and as one of the posters above mentioned, they tend to pull crap like say "we don't hear it" or "works as designed" and it ends up being a big waste of time.
Makes sense that they do that too. Just because there's a noise doesn't mean there's something to fix. If something is wrong, it will get worse or fail. What I do is assume everything is fine.
Sponsored

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Mines loud enough I bet people here it from other cars or pedestrians. I also noticed it seems to have a slight hesitation right around the area it stops (2900k roughly). That leads me to believe something in the variable valve train. Driving the car after sitting 3 hours I couldn't here it.

Rags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Mines loud enough I bet people here it from other cars or pedestrians. I also noticed it seems to have a slight hesitation right around the area it stops (2900k roughly). That leads me to believe something in the variable valve train. Driving the car after sitting 3 hours I couldn't here it.
Same here. Not sure about how loud it is but it is a little annoying and i start to focus on it. Once i get a sounds system, all cured. :)

blueboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Mine has made that noise since day one. Mentioned and documented with dealer.

Not overly concerned until something more significant occurs or is reported here.

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Same here. Not sure about how loud it is but it is a little annoying and i start to focus on it. Once i get a sounds system, all cured. :)
You know it, front speakers have got to go!

I did open the baffles today and you could barely hear it when cold...yeah yeah what am I doing with them closed and listening to this annoying vibration!! (Edit: and weak stereo)

:frusty::headbang:

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I found a couple videos of a tapping sound I've heard on GT350s a few times and it doesn't sound like piston slap.

Around the 2:10 mark as he backs up past the camera:
[ame]

The Magnetic GT350R seems to be tapping away but I could not hear it at all on the AG one...also around the 2:10 mark:
[ame]

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
is what you guys are talking about, the fast speed "knocking" noise like ratatatatata but more faint sounding?

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I could be characterized somewhat like that. It only happens under light acceleration between 2-3k rpm.
Yeah put me down on the list. i just tune it out because its a new car and the engine light doesnt come on like it did on my 12 GT

CNFLCTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350
Engine "Rattle"

I could be characterized somewhat like that. It only happens under light acceleration between 2-3k rpm.

Add me to the list. Almost verbatim. Starts at 2k rpm. Sounds like a little engine rattle or vibration. Mine seems to occur between 2-2500. I've got about 750 miles on her. I'm starting to get concerned about all the engine troubles I'm hearing about...just sayin. Cars going into Limp mode. This rattle, etc. What's to be expected when it's 100 degrees out this summer or after another 10k miles. Was expecting a much different experience with the vaunted Voodoo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Now that I've heard a video, my Boss makes a similar noise actually that I definitely hear during drivethrus. Pretty sure that's the typical Ford Ti-VCT rattle.

kratty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'56 Victoria, Tahoe, '16 GT350
Now that I've heard a video, my Boss makes a similar noise actually that I definitely hear during drivethrus. Pretty sure that's the typical Ford Ti-VCT rattle.
Have to agree. This sounds like typical valvetrain noises. This isn't a Lexus. It's a high-performance engine. If it didn't make lots of mechanical sounds I'd be worried!

You want a car that makes an insane amount of scary noises, rattles, clunks, clangs, etc? Drive an E46 or earlier M car. And all of it is shockingly normal.

Last edited:

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
what is "limp" mode?

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
what is "limp" mode?
Some people having issues with transmission temps when tracking, ECU limits RPMs to cool things down. Mostly tech cars without trans cooler.

In regards to the noise this threads based on its certainly valve train related. One observation I've noted is there is a slight hesitation right around the time it stops so I'm betting something's changing in the cam timing. Feels almost like when VTEC kicks in on a Honda though that happens at a much higher RPM. On the GT350 that change close to 3k would correspond close to the jumps in the dyno graphs.

One question I have, how's everyone's idle..glass smooth, lumpy..etc?

sweetchuck2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, DIB, Tech package.
Some people having issues with transmission temps when tracking, ECU limits RPMs to cool things down. Mostly tech cars without trans cooler.

In regards to the noise this threads based on its certainly valve train related. One observation I've noted is there is a slight hesitation right around the time it stops so I'm betting something's changing in the cam timing. Feels almost like when VTEC kicks in on a Honda though that happens at a much higher RPM. On the GT350 that change close to 3k would correspond close to the jumps in the dyno graphs.

One question I have, how's everyone's idle..glass smooth, lumpy..etc?
I agree with the noise being valve train related. It would be interesting to see the cam advance. There feels like there is a slight power dip around 3000-3200, and then 3300 on feels like VTEC kicked in. (Need the meme here.)

Idle is mostly smooth, but you can feel the vibration if you're holding the wheel.
Sponsored