Engine rattle when I cut her off

Redman843

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang EcoBoost
Any clue what that rattle is? Doesn’t sound internal. About the 7 second mark of the video. Thought it was the heat shield on the turbo but it sounds like its coming from lower on the motor and only does it when I cut the engine off. Thanks in advance. 2017 mustang Ecoboost. Oh, I’m the only person awake at 6AM is why you get the side view mirror lol. Best sound I could get from driver seat….

Sponsored

Wheeliejeezus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Fastback
I read somewhere that noise is associated with the mechanical fuel pump. It's come and gone on my EB since I got it 2 years ago.

Snakebyte

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Have never heard that on a FI engine before. Years ago carbureted engines would sometimes have a little run-on (dieseling) like that. If the engine had leftover fuel being drawn into the cylinder(s), it would get ignited by hot carbon in the cylinder. It sounds like your injectors are not cutting off as quick as they should. Maybe they need cleaning???? Of course if you have carbon build up in your engine you'll want to question why. Looking at your plugs will help tell which cylinder(s) is/are potentially needing attention.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
When the engine does it's last little shake as it's shutting off, the exhaust is touching the transmission at the 90 degree bend. Space things out a little and I think it will go away.
Sponsored