Engine randomly cutting power 2015 gt

arrow94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
black 15' GT
Hi guys, so my 2015 gt started cutting power randomly after a new clutch install and cat deletes. I can be cruising along and holding an rpm in 3rd gear then all the sudden it feels like it falls on its face then it wakes back up. Also when wot, it will get to around 6k rpm then feel like it just cut a ton of timing for a second or 2. Could this be from cat over temp protection since my rear o2 sensors are still on? Or is something else going on here?
No check engine lights and no stored codes either.
Thanks guys
Sponsored

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
If you have a cat delete and you still have your rear o2s turned on then yes this will cause issues. Typically you will get a check engine light when this happens but it doesn't always show up immediately. I would get those rear O2s turned off before you make any more hard pulls on it honestly. Let me know if you have any other questions.

OP
OP
arrow94

arrow94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
black 15' GT
Are there any companies that will still tune for california customers with an off road only agreement? I heard Lund won’t tune here anymore unfortunately

Sponsored

OP
OP
arrow94

arrow94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
black 15' GT
Okay so I’ve done some data logging, and im not a professional but I don’t believe it’s related to the cat deletes or rear o2 sensors. I’m not getting any knock and the af ratios look pretty good. According to my data logs the throttle body appears to be almost fully closing and keeping the car around 2800 rpms and no amount of throttle changes the rpm or power until I let off the pedal completely and get back on it. It doesn’t do it all the time either. Has anyone had an issue with the throttle body or position sensor that causes a similar issue?

OP
OP
arrow94

arrow94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
black 15' GT
Okay so I got a cel earlier yesterday for my rear o2 sensors, which I was expecting. I went and got some anti foulers and now I’m not getting any codes for the sensors so that’s unrelated to my issue. I also cleaned the maf and the throttle body. I took the car on a long trip to Arizona and back last night. Car still having these issues.

when I get to around 3k Rpm in 3rd-5th gear at a low - medium throttle position it cuts power. I can then proceed to put my foot to the floor and it will hold the exact same rpm between 2850 and 3000 rpm without making any power or changing rpm. It will also have a small surge under wot around 15-1900 rpm but it gets past that smooths out instantly.
I also noticed my cruise control works In 5th gear but not in 6th gear. Could this be a bad transmission sensor?
I just put in a stage 3 calimer mt82 at the same time as the cat deletes.

hoping someone can give me some insight.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Okay so I got a cel earlier yesterday for my rear o2 sensors, which I was expecting. I went and got some anti foulers and now I’m not getting any codes for the sensors so that’s unrelated to my issue. I also cleaned the maf and the throttle body. I took the car on a long trip to Arizona and back last night. Car still having these issues.

when I get to around 3k Rpm in 3rd-5th gear at a low - medium throttle position it cuts power. I can then proceed to put my foot to the floor and it will hold the exact same rpm between 2850 and 3000 rpm without making any power or changing rpm. It will also have a small surge under wot around 15-1900 rpm but it gets past that smooths out instantly.
I also noticed my cruise control works In 5th gear but not in 6th gear. Could this be a bad transmission sensor?
I just put in a stage 3 calimer mt82 at the same time as the cat deletes.

hoping someone can give me some insight.
Put your logs on Datazap.me so we can take a look at them.
Is the car on stock tune file or other?

OP
OP
arrow94

arrow94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
black 15' GT
Alright will do. I’d appreciate it The car was on a 91 sct tune when I did the data logs. I tried switching back and forth between the stock and that tune and it makes no difference in the issue I’m having. I can datalog it again on the stock file if you would prefer that. Just let me know

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Alright will do. I’d appreciate it The car was on a 91 sct tune when I did the data logs. I tried switching back and forth between the stock and that tune and it makes no difference in the issue I’m having. I can datalog it again on the stock file if you would prefer that. Just let me know
Just keep it on the SCT tune. Should be fine. Just need a log that shows the issue.

Sponsored
OP
OP
arrow94

arrow94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
black 15' GT
Alright. I’m just trying to figure out how I can trim the data log file in live link so I can upload it. It’s too large to upload as it is

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Alright. I’m just trying to figure out how I can trim the data log file in live link so I can upload it. It’s too large to upload as it is
If it’s doing it all the time, it might be just as easy to do a new, much shorter log

OP
OP
arrow94

arrow94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
black 15' GT
It’s Frequent but intermittent unfortunately. I’ll head out tomorrow and try to get a short lot of that happening if possible.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Check your battery. If it's never been replaced it's probably time. These cars do very weird things when the battery is going bad.

OP
OP
arrow94

arrow94

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
black 15' GT
I’ll check the battery tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion. It has been replaced but it also sat for several months.
Sponsored