enable sync 3 nav while driving

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Cal Special
Have done many searches, from what I have read, there is no way to enable the nav to get to a destination while driving. Car must be stopped. Car is a 2016 with sync 3. Is this still true, or has someone come up with a way to enable the nav to be useful to search and get to a destination while driving?
Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I'm fairly certain that I've used voice commands to navigate using Sync 3 while driving, but I haven't used it in several years, since Android Auto became an option. I'll try it a little later on my way home.

JR

OP
OP
jimmerheck

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
I mean when you are driving, entering a location to drive to. It wont let you do this until stopped. I want to change it so my wife can enter in locations when we are driving.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
I mean when you are driving, entering a location to drive to. It wont let you do this until stopped. I want to change it so my wife can enter in locations when we are driving.
What software are you on / map version do you have? You can do this by voice, but it's easier/faster depending on software and map data available. Also depends on what you're looking to search for while driving.

OP
OP
jimmerheck

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
car is at home, I am at work but I have the latest update for the sync 3 version for my 16 which I believe is 3.0.

Sponsored

300mag

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Prem Vert
IIRC it can be done in forscan.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Have done many searches, from what I have read, there is no way to enable the nav to get to a destination while driving. Car must be stopped. Car is a 2016 with sync 3. Is this still true, or has someone come up with a way to enable the nav to be useful to search and get to a destination while driving?
You have to use forscan and code the APIM 7D0-02-01 to
X7XX-XXXX-XXXX

This will also allow you to read your incoming texts in motion. I can’t see any reason this wouldn’t work on a Canadian model but this works for US models.

OP
OP
jimmerheck

jimmerheck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
thanks for your reply. There was a fellow in another thread, I think in the DIY section, that said this nav enable code (for Canadian cars) was only good for the older sync versions, sync, not sync 3. He said it didnt work for sync 3. Have you done this yourself? Thanks for your help! I am in the US by the way, in case you thought I was from Vancouver BC. I live in the original Vancouver, Vancouver WA.

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Well that was a misread on my part for your location. Whoops.

I have a 2016 with sync3 3.0 version 18093 and run this code. Works perfectly.

Last edited: