Sponsored

Sync 3 Nav Version

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I updated to 3.3 too, Maps still NA117, you can only get map updates for $150 through a Ford Dealer, or try to get a Parts department to send you the map update usb linked to your radio/vin.

I am just still trying to get owners.ford.com to recognize that my sync is up to date even I have uploaded the verification to Ford with a success screen several times and even connecting to wifi to check updates... Still thinks I have 3.2 and last successful update in October. my screen in car verifies 3.3

OP
OP
el-guapin

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
Dayum!!.. $150 for map updates?.. That's crazy! There is thread about UK users getting map updates included with regular sync updates.

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
There is a website that does cater to free Ford sync map updates, but for outside NA only.

18+ came with 116 19+ came with 117, I assume 20+ will get 118, its kinda behind 2 years for what comes off the lot. when I had my Fusion I would only maybe upgrade if the version went up 2 levels as some have suggested it is only worth it a bit to wait at least 2 levels up if you feel to upgrade, not each update. Some of the European Ford have textured 3d buildings... do we even get those? I have 3d buildings but not textured

OP
OP
el-guapin

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
There is a website that does cater to free Ford sync map updates, but for outside NA only.

18+ came with 116 19+ came with 117, I assume 20+ will get 118, its kinda behind 2 years for what comes off the lot. when I had my Fusion I would only maybe upgrade if the version went up 2 levels as some have suggested it is only worth it a bit to wait at least 2 levels up if you feel to upgrade, not each update. Some of the European Ford have textured 3d buildings...
Good to Know.. THNX!

Sponsored

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
Dayum!!.. $150 for map updates?.. That's crazy! There is thread about UK users getting map updates included with regular sync updates.
Cheap compared to my wife's BMW. On the Lincoln and the Mustang, swap the little "chip" and done for $125 - $150.

On the BMW --- schedule an appointment, drop the car off and leave it for 4 hours. They have to keep it hooked to a computer and running to update the maps! I guess that is the great German engineering and efficiency.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
I updated to SYNC3 3.3 but the NAV version remained at NA117. So what is the latest NAV version?..
What changed in the update?

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
Haven’t notice any changes. I’m sure there are minor improvements but I thought nav was gonna be updated. That was my main reason for updating.
Yes, I think they added a couple of apps I never heard of.

I won't be in any rush to update next time.

rmreid17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium
hmmmm, my '18 is still on Sync 3.0 and Maps NA 16. I looked up my Sync account and it shows 3.0 as the latest?

Sponsored

rmreid17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT Premium
You might have to go 3.2 first then try 3.3. That is, if you can either download.
Only showing 3.0 available on my SYNC account and it shows that version as current

Last edited:

JJJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
For me to download 3.3 I had to use a thumb drive/USB, it wouldn't work over wifi. Once I confirmed the version downloaded, and after updating the xml. to the ford owner's web site, it still shows that I need the update. My wife's Edge shows 3.0 and that it's current. Technology .... :headbang:

OP
OP
el-guapin

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
For me to download 3.3 I had to use a thumb drive/USB, it wouldn't work over wifi. Once I confirmed the version downloaded, and after updating the xml. to the ford owner's web site, it still shows that I need the update. My wife's Edge shows 3.0 and that it's current. Technology .... :headbang:
I did the same. WIFI was taking for ever!. I also have uploaded the confirmation file 3 times. The website still reporting I need an update!

JJJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Good to know it wasn’t just me....kept thinking I was doing something wrong.
Sponsored