MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Yeah, it seems like kind of a silly omission since the tech is in place for export cars. I'd personally like it as I fold my mirrors when I park in our garage.

If Ford was smart they would integrate the folding mirrors into the 401A package on future models as I'm sure the market is there.
Perfect. If it's an "extra EXTRA" option, just move it into a package, that's cost on top of the already more costly Premium variant. People who don't want it don't feel like they're paying for it, and people who do will spring for what I'm sure is a really marked up premium option :thumbs:
Sponsored

gtlaw

JcRoush hater
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a car
how could folding mirrors be even slightly useful? if your parking that close to someone you not going to be able to get out of the damn car or they aren't going to be able to get into theirs.

folding mirrors are the kind of rubbish I'm glad isn't weighing my car down its already heavy enough.

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
It's a mustang if you wanted folding mirrors them make bmws. The euro version is just that the European version where it's a requirement for them probably the parking over there is herdondouis. To each his own but ok take my regular mirrors that gold just fine

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
how could folding mirrors be even slightly useful? if your parking that close to someone you not going to be able to get out of the damn car or they aren't going to be able to get into theirs.

folding mirrors are the kind of rubbish I'm glad isn't weighing my car down its already heavy enough.
People for some reason like to walk in-between cars in parking lots or push carts in-between cars in parking lots. If the mirrors are folded in them seem to get hit LESS often from people and carts. For me with actually using my two car garage for my two cars it works because I have to manually fold in the mirror on passenger side getting into the garage and then have to fold it back out when I get out of the garage. I then fold in the driver mirror on the Mustang and the Passenger mirror on the Fusion to make sure there is plenty of room between cars for the kids to walk past.

The power mirrors aren't a necessity but they would be a nice option to have.

mikef523

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang eco, 17 explorer, 17 Jaguar F-Pace
I have that feature on my Explorer limited and just love it. I was hoping they'd come standard on the Mustang, at least make it an option with Premium cars or something.
I have it on my Explorer also, and my wife's Mercedes Has them. The great thing about the Mercedes is, the mirrors automatically fold in when you lock the doors.
Folding mirrors are a great feature for when you have to park in tight spots.

Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
More stuff to break. I like it as-is, simple fold in.

AmerikanishesPferd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2007 Saab 95 1.9T Hisch
Yeah, it seems like kind of a silly omission since the tech is in place for export cars. I'd personally like it as I fold my mirrors when I park in our garage.

Perfect. If it's an "extra EXTRA" option, just move it into a package, that's cost on top of the already more costly Premium variant. People who don't want it don't feel like they're paying for it, and people who do will spring for what I'm sure is a really marked up premium option :thumbs:
Although perhaps not an "ideal" solution, Ford has already demonstrated a unique ordering system. It would buffer the costs since that package is already over-priced as it is.

Why is a navigation option almost $800? I'm not able to simply select the upgraded sound system without ordering the entire 401A pack?

It's nice in the states but over here in Europe on-street parking is a daily occurrence. Although most streets are typically wide enough, there will always be that one delivery truck or semi truck who took a wrong turn and can potentially smash your nice mirror. It's also really nice in parking houses where people may walk between cars to get to into theirs and yes, it's tight. Folding them helps and it also is sort of a staple of luxury vehicles which the Mustang is over here believe it or not!

AyoriN7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black
After I first picked up my car from the dealer I was parked in a mall parking lot and used the fob to lock the doors. I came back to my car a little while later and noticed the mirrors were folded in. I didn't do it myself and thought for a second that maybe the fob controlled it, but I don't have any premium package so I learned that was impossible. I guess someone came and folded them on me which I find very strange, anyone else have that happen to them??

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
It's a mustang if you wanted folding mirrors them make bmws.
I guess I'd say, when you consider a loaded up Premium GT, you're already looking at a car that has heated/cooled seats, multi-color lighting control, as pointed out above, things like Pony projectors that have no functional impact - and all these things add weight and/or complexity - so why not make the mirrors a feature in some option package. Then people who want them, could get them, and people who don't ... well, wouldn't :D

After I first picked up my car from the dealer I was parked in a mall parking lot and used the fob to lock the doors. I came back to my car a little while later and noticed the mirrors were folded in. I didn't do it myself and thought for a second that maybe the fob controlled it, but I don't have any premium package so I learned that was impossible. I guess someone came and folded them on me which I find very strange, anyone else have that happen to them??
Maybe they parked close and were concerned?

I have a good story:

Came back to my car, it had a note on it. I was like, "Oh s*** ...". Well the note read something like this (I meant to keep it, but it got pitched during a car cleanup):

Hi, a woman let a cart go and it started rolling toward your ride, I grabbed it, told her it was my car and made a point she should be more careful. I pushed it into a car return.

Nice ride,

A fellow car enthusiast.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Faith in humanity restored (if only slightly). That's pretty awesome :thumbsup:
I totally agree.

I've kind of done the same, putting carts away I didn't use, especially if they're near a car, etc., the problem is you've got 99% of drivers who aren't "car people", they just aren't concerned. What's a scratch or a dent or two ...

That's generally why I try to park out, away from other people, and/or at an end spot - I've seen people get in/out of cars and just fling their doors all the way open. I even make a point if it's a little tight and our little G is with us, to open her door for her.

There's a few of us out here :thumbsup:

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Exactly, if they are to be standard equipment on the cars in Europe, they should be standard equipment on the cars in the same country as the manufacturer..
Cause the UK mirrors are Massive and look like Dumbo ears, and you have no BLIS in the UK mirrors.
Have read you can fold the US mirrors back by hand?

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Look at the EU stangs and the US stangs. They look significantly different. Also EU occupies a smaller space than the US. They have tighter parking and more complexes. We have houses and much wider parking, We don't need fold-able mirrors. Well, most of us anyway.
you have houses, OH My God
Guess what so do we, but don't tell everyone :D

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Coming from an S197 I'm just happy the mirrors can fold in at all.
Yea they were a nightmare, once got whacked and lucky for me the roof was down so the mirror missed the paintwork and landed in the car
I think the US mirrors are smaller than the S197 mirrors?
Sponsored