Electrical Issue?

PizzyP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
When I park, the first thing i do is roll up my windows. Several times now as the windows are going up, when i turn the car off, one of the windows reverses course and goes back down. Not a big deal, I just hope it doesn't have other bigger electrical issues to come.
Sponsored

crimson_crowd_eater

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I've never heard of this kind of issue. I wouldn't necessarily say it's electrical as much as it might be some odd thing with the computers (so I guess electrical system, yes). If anything, I'd try to go to your local dealer to see if maybe the car's software needs to be reflashed or something, or maybe they can locate an unplugged connecter. Everything should be fully under warranty.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Roll the windows up then shut the car off. You're not losing any time on the latter process as you cannot open the door during the window roll up process or it stops anyway. Chances are you are inducing a problem that was not conceivable when it was designed.

If its a fuel concern, shut the car off then roll up the windows.

My windows on this car and every previous car back to my 2005 (four in total) occasionally lose memory and roll too far down after initial startup. I reset them and go on my way. Sometimes in the world of digital control -- which has now made it into automobiles -- crap happens. You reset and go on your way. I deal with it all the time at work.

Sponsored

OP
OP
PizzyP

PizzyP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Roll the windows up then shut the car off. You're not losing any time on the latter process as you cannot open the door during the window roll up process or it stops anyway. Chances are you are inducing a problem that was not conceivable when it was designed.

If its a fuel concern, shut the car off then roll up the windows.

My windows on this car and every previous car back to my 2005 (four in total) occasionally lose memory and roll too far down after initial startup. I reset them and go on my way. Sometimes in the world of digital control -- which has now made it into automobiles -- crap happens. You reset and go on your way. I deal with it all the time at work.
It's just a habit of mine I suppose, wasn't making a big deal of it, just an observation of a quirk that was happening.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
It's just a habit of mine I suppose, wasn't making a big deal of it, just an observation of a quirk that was happening.
Have a Carne Asada Burrito at Rameros in Pacific Beach for me if you live that far south. Sure miss those things. They are on mission blvd just north of Garnett on the right side in PB as you head north.

Louk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Vehicle(s)
F90 M5, 2022 TRX
this has happened to me in my bullitt my 2016 and my 2013.
No issue ever came of it. I figured it was just some weird glitch when turning it off and using the auto up feature.
Sponsored