Eforce 2300 tuning options

jfccac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT A6
I'm wondering what options folks have chosen regarding aftermarket tunes for the eddy 2300 kit? I've heard PBD and Brenspeed offer tunes that can use the included 47lb injectors.

What vendor did u chose?
How do you like the tune?
What other components did your tuner require (bigger injectors, BAP, etc.)

thanx
Sponsored

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I went with PBD and I worked Rob. The first thing I noticed was drivability and pedal feel was much better and easier to drive and when you get in it a little like medium throttle input it hits really hard now...NO STUMBLE at all. WOT is improved as well, only thing we need to nail down now is cold starts especailly under 40 degrees.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
VMP will tune the car with the 47's though you may need a BAP if you don't have one from personal experience. It would be a 93 tune obviously. Pulley size may be the only factor to them wanting you to upgrade to56 injectors or larger. Second factor is dependent upon where you wish to shift. PBD is a decent option on a PD setup if the car is a stick shift from personal experience. Lund would be the go to from personal experience if the car is PD and an auto setup but may want a larger injector. Good luck.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I moved to DW95s and a BAP with a Lund tune. Car pulls like crazy now and drives better than stock.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Sub’d for results!

I’m interested in this as well.

I do think the 47s are a little small.

I like what @ForYourOwnGood did. Wonder if Lund would tune on 72s with a BAP?

Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Sub’d for results!

I’m interested in this as well.

I do think the 47s are a little small.

I like what @ForYourOwnGood did. Wonder if Lund would tune on 72s with a BAP?
I don't know, Alex said they would tune me with ID 1050s or DW95s, but that may just be his preference. I wasn't against buying them just for the additional margin of fueling.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I don't know, Alex said they would tune me with ID 1050s or DW95s, but that may just be his preference. I wasn't against buying them just for the additional margin of fueling.
Yeah, Lund likes tuning with ID's. I bought everything they suggested and my car simply can not run any better than what it does. Smooth, pulls strong, no hesitation anywhere, no idling issues, no BS.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Yeah, Lund likes tuning with ID's. I bought everything they suggested and my car simply can not run any better than what it does. Smooth, pulls strong, no hesitation anywhere, no idling issues, no BS.
I'm having a slight breakup at high throttle shifts but I'm waiting to replace the clutch before I ask them to look at it, I think its slipping pretty bad now cuz I can smell it all the time. Ordered a new one along with a flywheel and MGW shifter this weekend so its parked for the time being.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I'm having a slight breakup at high throttle shifts but I'm waiting to replace the clutch before I ask them to look at it, I think its slipping pretty bad now cuz I can smell it all the time. Ordered a new one along with a flywheel and MGW shifter this weekend so its parked for the time being.
Oooh, new clutch and a new MGW shifter ordered? That's gonna be nice.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
The ID series in general are very driver friendly and very well matched. They flow more consistent from set to set and lot to lot as well. They have super short pulse width capability giving the tuner optimum control over idle and light throttle which is where 80-90% of your driving is done at and where 75-80% of the tune process is performed. DW 95's are also building a very good reputation for the same reason. Second the injectors mentioned are more consistent in flow from unit to unit and better matched. The same has not been the case with the DW72's though they are in the same series for some reason. Tuners today know that the primary focus is drive ability. Most tuners can make power but the separation between good and run of the mill (with service and communication put aside for the moment) is in drive ability.

Sponsored

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Oooh, new clutch and a new MGW shifter ordered? That's gonna be nice.
I went a different route than a lot of guys here. I went with a Spec 2+ single disk and aluminum flywheel. I don't see the need for a twin disk honestly, I street drive only. I ran this same clutch on my 2003 Cobra that made way more torque than this car does with zero issues and great pedal/driving manners.

The ID series in general are very driver friendly and very well matched. They flow more consistent from set to set and lot to lot as well. They have super short pulse width capability giving the tuner optimum control over idle and light throttle which is where 80-90% of your driving is done at and where 75-80% of the tune process is performed. DW 95's are also building a very good reputation for the same reason. Second the injectors mentioned are more consistent in flow from unit to unit and better matched. The same has not been the case with the DW72's though they are in the same series for some reason. Tuners today know that the primary focus is drive ability. Most tuners can make power but the separation between good and run of the mill (with service and communication put aside for the moment) is in drive ability.
Yeah for my build I couldn't justify the cost of the IDs almost twice the DWs. But I'm sure they're very nice.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I hear you. The IDs I’m sure are top notch. The DWs are half the price almost.

New clutch will be sweet!

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I was very fortunate that my car already had ID 1050x injectors on it when I bought it. Otherwise had the 17 come with no upgrades to the 2300 phase two package that was also on it when I bought it, I would have simply retuned with what it had. If a larger FI would have been required to safely take the car through the 7500 RPM shift point I wanted to target on this setup I would have gone with the DW 95's as well.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I also went with the SPEC stage 2 plus 3 years ago and at 750 plus HP and 600 TQ it's been delivering on my daily street car with frequent WOT hits through the gears.
Sponsored