Sponsored

ECU Hacks

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Ford does, in fact, have an down/up feature available from the fob. It's called "global open/close".
The copy right on that video is from 2012 and from ford Canada. Im sure their laws are different. just pointing out not saying anyone is right or wrong.
Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
European Ford vehicles have both global open and global close. Maybe there's some obscure bit in the American law that forbids the global close, or that could be interpreted as such, or maybe Ford's American lawyers are overly cautious... It's the same with the heated windscreen, the best automotive invention ever, which is not implemented in the States due (apparently) to some bits of old legislation.
This goes both ways, though. In Europe they don't give us the remote start, presumably for legal reasons. Or automatic door lock - this one not because of the law (since other manufacturers have it), but presumably because of Ford's overly cautious lawyers. But at least we can activate those quite easily.

There is a code for activating the global closing. But it doesn't work. I tried it. It activates the option in the IPC, you can now see it in the settings menu and can turn it on, but the windows don't close.
So there must be something else, perhaps in the BCM, which I couldn't find yet.

Last edited:

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Well, I hate to tell you this but the info is incorrect. My wife's 19 fusion came with both the auto down and up. The modules for auto up is not in the mustang. So if it was for safety reasons. Why would they allow it on a family sedan?
Because sometimes it takes awhile for a lawyer to notice something, and tell the manufacturer to ditch it.

Plus, different engineers working on the two different cars. Some think it's just fine, other's think it's a big no-no.

It's not like auto manufacturers don't make mistakes here and there. Or aren't inconsistent here and there.

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
As someone who has experience writing code, I can almost guarantee that it can be changed to go back up. Idk how much of a pain in the ass it would be, but it is possible. I've even seen the open door chime changed to difference songs like "Jingle Bells" or the national anthem. Chimes can also be removed, and pretty much anything electronic you can think of. It's its own language and it can be told what to do.

OP
OP
Bulldog9

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Can't be a safety issue. I've had several cars with the auto/remote close of all windows and sunroof. Some with key, some with the keyfob.

Sponsored

greggsg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gregg
Vehicle(s)
2016 Form Mustang GT Convertible with Performance Package and Manual Transmission
My 2010 Acura TL had auto down from the remote and auto up with sunroof closing with the key in the door turned to lock position, I think my 2005 did it also.

My 2016 GT PP convertible has autodown from the FOB and according to the manual from Ford, only the Coupe supports AutoUp from the window button. Although when Ford replaced my drivers side motor, it was enabled. According to what I found the 15/16 rag tops did not have a sensor at the top of the window guide in the door frame like the coupe does. Therefore The window is using a different trigger to stop going up. Not sure what it is, but it could be why I have gone through five or six motors on the drivers side in the last 18 months. The window stays in the 1/4 drop position from when you open the door and never goes above that. Annoying for highway driving and heavy rain.