ECU Hacks

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Some S550's have the feature/capability of 'auto opening' the windows by pressing and holding the unlock button on the remote. Seems that there is no corresponding 'auto close' by pressing the lock button. Not really familiar with Ford products, but on some of my cars, there are aftermarket hacks to get into the computers or ecu's to program or enable features. Has anyone done this, or other hacks with the S550?
Sponsored

JakeLethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 RCSB 5.0
Some S550's have the feature/capability of 'auto opening' the windows by pressing and holding the unlock button on the remote. Seems that there is no corresponding 'auto close' by pressing the lock button. Not really familiar with Ford products, but on some of my cars, there are aftermarket hacks to get into the computers or ecu's to program or enable features. Has anyone done this, or other hacks with the S550?

Look into Forescan. Seems to be the most popular with Ford. People use it with the F150 all the time to unlock secret hidden codes and tricks.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
you cannot enable window up, theres no code for it. its a safety issue so no one gets amputated. but yes forescan allows you to alter vehicle code. ive changed countless codes in mine

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I've had 3 different car brands that have the auto down feature. None of them had auto up. I don't know why they won't allow that. I don't buy the safety reason. If that were the case you wouldn't be able to auto up from inside the car either. Besides, modern cars have sensors in the windows to auto reverse to keep from hurting someone.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I've had 3 different car brands that have the auto down feature. None of them had auto up. I don't know why they won't allow that. I don't buy the safety reason. If that were the case you wouldn't be able to auto up from inside the car either. Besides, modern cars have sensors in the windows to auto reverse to keep from hurting someone.
its because safety. possibility of a kid or dog or person having head out window and it going auto up.

thats it 100% ive read up on it. it will never be permitted. on the case that the sensor doesn't sense someone and something dies, it isnt something I see ever being chanced.

Sponsored

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
its because safety. possibility of a kid or dog or person having head out window and it going auto up.

thats it 100% ive read up on it. it will never be permitted. on the case that the sensor doesn't sense someone and something dies, it isnt something I see ever being chanced.
Well, I hate to tell you this but the info is incorrect. My wife's 19 fusion came with both the auto down and up. The modules for auto up is not in the mustang. So if it was for safety reasons. Why would they allow it on a family sedan?

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Well, I hate to tell you this but the info is incorrect. My wife's 19 fusion came with both the auto down and up. The modules for auto up is not in the mustang. So if it was for safety reasons. Why would they allow it on a family sedan?
From the key fob?

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
well I hope im wrong, but I read this stuff in February 0f 2019, and they was saying it wasn't something to be allowed.

euro cars have this option though

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Ford does, in fact, have an down/up feature available from the fob. It's called "global open/close".

Sharpy200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
My Little Ford Fiesta has global opening and closing from the key fob. My Honda Civic did also so my Jag. Mustang not though which is a shame

Sponsored

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
That's what I was saying my wife's fusion had it. But from the research I've done they didn't put the necessary module in the mustangs.

Pero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pero
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Fastback Ingot Silver MT82 MagneRide B&O
My Daily drive car is European, made under crazy restrictive EU legislation.
It has an automatic windows closing from the fob but no automatic windows open.
Go figure!

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
My Little Ford Fiesta has global opening and closing from the key fob. My Honda Civic did also so my Jag. Mustang not though which is a shame
what year civic? my 2017 did not it had auto down from fob but to global up you had to put key in door and do it.
Sponsored