Ecobust Analysis

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
I suspect that both a max boost pressure AND a max RPM will likely be necessary to prevent detonation which can damage the engine. I'm sure that in the Ford OE & "Performance" tunes both restrictions are accounted for. But when modifying to increase performance these limits must be addressed in the 'custom tune', regardless of the turbo bolted to the head. The base turbo can only produce so much boost. The PP turbo can only produce a little bit more. But the NX2 & the BW Atmosphere turbos can produce a LOT more boost. With the custom tunes the max RPMs can also go up quite a bit in the aftermarket turbo equipped cars. So here the tuners must provide these limits to (I think) BOTH boost AND RPMs. It would seem that either could overwhelm the exhaust path from the head through the turbos.

It will be interesting to see what your additional sensor shows if & when you get it assembled and installed. How will you collect sensor data? Is this from the AccessPort? Does the AccessPort have provisions for additional sensors that are not part of the original engine system? Or do you have to install a separate gauge and collect data manually?
To my knowledge, the AccessPort does not have any provisions for additional sensors. But, I 'm sure someone out there, maybe an engineer or control tech, can figure it out!?
Sponsored

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red
i have a spare turbo that i'm looking at now and it seems like a difficult/risky option to try and put a pressure sensor pre-turbine in the casting due to high temp/stresses. You could have a custom spacer made to fit between the turbo and head and be thick enough to put the sensor in. That could affect any of the various plumbing items though.

real time display/logging could be done with arduino or raspberry pi

turbo.JPG

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
i have a spare turbo that i'm looking at now and it seems like a difficult/risky option to try and put a pressure sensor pre-turbine in the casting due to high temp/stresses. You could have a custom spacer made to fit between the turbo and head and be thick enough to put the sensor in. That could affect any of the various plumbing items though.

real time display/logging could be done with arduino or raspberry pi

turbo.JPG
Thanks for the insight!!
I purchased the EMAP kit from Jessie Ringley of EMS (engineered motorsport solutions). And currently, he hasn't decided on the best location.
I like the idea of a spacer with access port!

To date Jessie has added EMAP kits to 2 Ecoboost powered cars. However, neither use the factory or NX2 turbocharger or OEM electronic control units.

I'll know more after the holidays!
Sponsored