Ecoboom

TurboNub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
So boys rip to my baby girl, cyl 2 blew a hole in my block. Although I am broke as a joke, I have ordered the babubu short block from FFP. I have no idea on how to do an engine swap, but I have literally no money to pay someone to do it once my block comes in (lol yay pandemic) So I will need all advice that one could possibly get before I start this journey in about 4 weeks, thanks boys. (also if anyone lives near Orlando,FL and is trying to get their good deeds in for the year feel free to swing on by)
Sponsored

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
So boys rip to my baby girl, cyl 2 blew a hole in my block. Although I am broke as a joke, I have ordered the babubu short block from FFP. I have no idea on how to do an engine swap, but I have literally no money to pay someone to do it once my block comes in (lol yay pandemic) So I will need all advice that one could possibly get before I start this journey in about 4 weeks, thanks boys. (also if anyone lives near Orlando,FL and is trying to get their good deeds in for the year feel free to swing on by)
Take pictures, make notes, every hose, wire and bolt! Rent or borrow all the right tools.

Rod Schneider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost
You really need to invest in the factory shop manual! It's a little pricey, but it shows step by step procedures for removing and installing the engine, as well as taking it apart and putting it back together. Very valuable info!

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
You really need to invest in the factory shop manual! It's a little pricey, but it shows step by step procedures for removing and installing the engine, as well as taking it apart and putting it back together. Very valuable info!
"Factory Shop Manual"
Do you have a link or site name, etc. where I can purchase a factory shop manual for my 2018 Ecoboost Mustang?? Thanks!

Sponsored

Rod Schneider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rod
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EcoBoost

ihasnostang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Saturn ion, 2019 201A, EB PP1, Ruby Red
Mods? Duration of time on tune? Operating conditions at time of failure? Seems like a lot of failures here happen under light load and not on wot runs

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Hey dude, sorry this happened. Are you able to shed some light on the circumstances that this occured?

OP
OP
TurboNub

TurboNub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Mods? Duration of time on tune? Operating conditions at time of failure? Seems like a lot of failures here happen under light load and not on wot runs
I was full bolt on 93 tuned(had tune for about 20k miles), happened when I was doing 30 coming down to a stop sign. AFR was fine and everything.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TurboNub

TurboNub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Hit up the boys over at Parker Performance. They are close to you and ecoboost mustangs are their specialty. They won't charge you an arm and a leg either.
Ill give them a call but I highly doubt I can afford a whole engine swap lol thanks for the info though!

OP
OP
TurboNub

TurboNub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
Hey dude, sorry this happened. Are you able to shed some light on the circumstances that this occured?
Don't really know what happened, I even have the updated low pressure fuel sensor and everything. Cyl 2 decided it wanted to go for a walk and it did lol I was literally doing 30 coming to a stop, in 2nd gear.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I am weary about the fuel sensor thing. I feel like, a lot of people who blew up with it, hindsight, maybe it wouldn't of blown up with oem.

we don't really know the difference other than a presumed, hole for tooling. how long ago did you do fuel sensor? 20k with the tune I assume

OP
OP
TurboNub

TurboNub

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost
I am weary about the fuel sensor thing. I feel like, a lot of people who blew up with it, hindsight, maybe it wouldn't of blown up with oem.

we don't really know the difference other than a presumed, hole for tooling. how long ago did you do fuel sensor? 20k with the tune I assume
First mod I did to the car tbh, so I had it on for 30k miles before the tune.