Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
The reason the graph looks like that for the pedal max and the boost max is because of the ECU's factory torque control. Those waves you are seeing in the graph are from the throttle opening and closing to try and control torque. Essentially the ECU is saying "WTF did you do to me?" and is trying to get it back to normal torque levels, which it can't because there is another box wired into the throttle controls (pedal max).

Increasing boost on the factory tune is not ideal at all, nor would I ever recommend it. The proper way to increase boost on the Ecoboost Mustang platform is with a tuner, like the Cobb Accessport or SCT X4. You will be able to have proper throttle control, proper timing, and proper fueling.
Sponsored

kosa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost
Thank you Adam that's why I went with MAP all day everyday

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
I don't have to be a car guy. I have NASCAR engineers at ROUSH Yates engines, Pit Crew members of both Sprint Cup and Xfinity Cup, one Xfinity cup driver in Chris Buescher the points leader on speed dial. I also get to meet with Jack Roush himself from time to time . So no I am not as much a car guy as some of you but I am not the normal salesman either. If you would like I can get you just about any info you would want.

Oh to verify my boasts you can visit our FB Page at Tindol ROUSH Performance to many pics to put up here.
Neat. :rolleyes:

I doubt anyone cares enough to spend the time to 'verify your boasts'. :tsk:

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
The reason the graph looks like that for the pedal max and the boost max is because of the ECU's factory torque control. Those waves you are seeing in the graph are from the throttle opening and closing to try and control torque. Essentially the ECU is saying "WTF did you do to me?" and is trying to get it back to normal torque levels, which it can't because there is another box wired into the throttle controls (pedal max).

Increasing boost on the factory tune is not ideal at all, nor would I ever recommend it. The proper way to increase boost on the Ecoboost Mustang platform is with a tuner, like the Cobb Accessport or SCT X4. You will be able to have proper throttle control, proper timing, and proper fueling.
Can you guys do tuning with the sct x4?

RaceRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 Race Red EB
So, do you stack these one after another? How does both being installed look like?

Sponsored

Ultimateone

Yes is that's guy /\
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F32 435i Xdrive

MAPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maperformance.com
First Name
Sales
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Base w/ Performance Package
Yea that was my mistake for commenting on the wrong thread. He posted another one about EU support and that is what I was referring to.

Cobb is always coming out with new things, but most of them are for my end of it, not the consumer end.
Sponsored