Sponsored

EB (nonPP) rear brake work questions

Mr981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost coupe
2016 base EB manual tranny with 48K miles.
Had the car to the dealer for a routine oil change and during the inspection process, they found the RR pad thickness near the min and told me I needed a rotor and pad replacement which would run $460.
The rears have had some corrosion on the rotor, with the appearance I'm not getting full braking at the rear.
Questions:
What is the min thickness for the rear rotor and rear pads?
What would OEM pads and rotors run?
There isn't much of a lip on the rotor so I wonder if they could be just cleaned up and go with new pads.
Thanks for any help with this.
Sponsored

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Had the car to the dealer for a routine oil change and during the inspection process, they found the RR pad thickness near the min and told me I needed a rotor and pad replacement which would run $460.
The rears have had some corrosion on the rotor, with the appearance I'm not getting full braking at the rear.
Questions:
There isn't much of a lip on the rotor so I wonder if they could be just cleaned up and go with new pads.
They are really super easy to do yourself. Watch a few good Youtube videos of you might find you're able to do it yourself. I'd say based on the quote price you stated, 80% of that is labor cost.

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
Questions:
Rotors and pads, cost $83-$239 total for both sides depending on pad choice, it’s standard for Dealers/shops to Mark-up parts by 150-200%, labor is something like .9 hrs for both sides. Having them do it gets the work warrantied and documented. As mentioned previously doing the brakes is very easy, I can change all four rotors and the pads in 20 minutes, start to finish.
Sponsored