Rear brake locked up

pineappleGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
WRX
hello guys, long story short. I was doing a burnout in my stang. One of the rear tires decided it was its time to go. 1/2 the threading came off and spun inside the wheel well bit. Noticed a wet spot below, but non of the lines looked damaged and I couldn't see where a leak could be coming from.
Once I threw the spare tire on, she didn't want to move, the brake on that wheel is locked up now.
Do you guys know if it's just the brake line itself that would need replacing or could it be something else?
thanks for any insight
Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Don’t Know if this is related but when I wash the car I spray brake dust out of the pads. If I don’t drive it right away the rear brake pads will rust onto the caliper and lock it up. I have to gently go forward and reverse a few times to break it loose. One time it was so bad that I had to give it a lot of gas and broke the pad in half.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
You need to take the wheel off and look for where its leaking, pretty sure it must have damaged a brake line

OP
OP
pineappleGT

pineappleGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
WRX
Everything turned out fine. apperently the wrong sized spare we ended up putting on it, pressed right up against the brake itself. gotta love being stupid..
Sponsored