Sponsored

EB Mustang Exhaust sound Clip thread.

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
tips arent my favorite but it does sound good Jim.
Sponsored

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
I guess I should add this to the thread, here's mine:

Could you possibly post up a comparison video from when you first installed the system to now? Im really leaning towards this system now. I have a feeling the street series is gonna be too tame and maybe even stock like after initial break in.

TRACK-STANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
black 2015 mustang ecoboost 6spd
I wonder if any tuners from the jdm scene will be making exhoust for the 2.3 like greedy or hks ?

Sponsored

TRACK-STANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
black 2015 mustang ecoboost 6spd
At least greedy they make a pretty nice deep sounding exhoust for these turbo 4 cars

GTNKRZY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP Guard Metallic
This is my first post here, I am curious as to why I keep seeing dual mufflers versus a single muffler instead of a Y fitting on all these aftermarket exhausts. Would seem to be lighter weight, cheaper, and less complicated to have one single in the middle. Is there a performance advantage one way or the other?

Scott

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
This is my first post here, I am curious as to why I keep seeing dual mufflers versus a single muffler instead of a Y fitting on all these aftermarket exhausts. Would seem to be lighter weight, cheaper, and less complicated to have one single in the middle. Is there a performance advantage one way or the other?

Scott
Are you saying to remove the resonator (in the middle) and replace it with a muffler while removing the two mufflers at the rear? If so, there's been a few members that have done that with pretty good results.

drudis

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dariusrudis.net
First Name
Darius
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium - SpongeBob Yellow
... I am curious as to why I keep seeing dual mufflers versus a single muffler...
Scott
Its a "style" thing.
You have an exit for TWO mufflers at the back valence of the Mustang, so its a visual style thing.
Also, two mufflers absorb more sound.
You could (and further up this thread) run a single BIG diameter system.

GTNKRZY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP Guard Metallic
Are you saying to remove the resonator (in the middle) and replace it with a muffler while removing the two mufflers at the rear? If so, there's been a few members that have done that with pretty good results.
Yes ^

I've been lurking all over the Web and so far have only seen this as a custom made setup. I am leaning towards wanting a high flow catted turboback like this. Still researching all of my options. Listening to videos comparing sounds.

I also wonder if anyone has experimented with mixing 2 different brands of mufflers at the rear to create a balanced sounding exhaust. Kind of like how a train whistle works. A little bit of everything but not too much of one tone.

Scott

Sponsored

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
just paid for a magnaflow competition catback, ill post some videos of the sound whenever i get them installed.

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
just paid for a magnaflow competition catback, ill post some videos of the sound whenever i get them installed.
Cool, I need to do some driveby videos with mine... I've just lacked time to do so.

Surtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Cool, I need to do some driveby videos with mine... I've just lacked time to do so.

your video may or may not have influenced my decision on the competition catback over other brands, or even the street catback :p

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
haha, nice... I need to convince MF to send me a publicity check :p

I'll be honest, I still go back and listen to it now and then. I love how it sounds :)