Sponsored

EB Downpipe Tips/Advice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Hey guys! I currently have a 18’ eb and wanted to know what the pros/cons of getting a downpipe would be. Also, I have muffler delete and resonator deleted the exhaust. Would it effect my mpg in any way? How would it change the exhaust sound? Thanks guys.
Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
If you change your DP without a tune you are doing yourself no good.
You will see a an increase in sound, but you will see no performance benefits.
I bet you will see a decrease in performance since the ECU cannot compensate for the increased flow.
Also, a muffler and resonator delete??? I can't begin to imagine how bad this will sound.

War-Machine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1, Shadow Black
I got rid of the resonator, then way later got rid of the mufflers as well. Absolutely horrific. If I could do it over again, I wouldn't have even done the resonator delete and would have maybe just put different mufflers or just got an actual catback system instead of chopping it up like a dummy. As of now, I have a mid muffler only, but am seriously contemplating having my stock exhaust put back on.

cvf-jason

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cvfab.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Mustang

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
This isn't the 90's where just a downpipe would give you 20 horsepower over night. You will need a tune. The PCM will have no idea what's going on and why the WGDC and boost targets are so out of whack and will pull timing and back you off every time. That said, once tuned, a DP makes a big difference.

dagobert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost , Ford S-Max, Mustang Bullitt since 07/2019
Vehicle Showcase
To me the effects of an aftermarket DP are not a big deal. If you have a mild tune and a catted dp there will be also no great sound improvements. If you want to support your tune if its hot or on track a bigger Intercooler is much more important.
Sponsored