OP

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
I agree with others. Even if you don't like the R spoiler you should make sure you get it and at least put it in storage. even if you never use it you can always resell it or pass it to a future owner.

I doubt i’ll ever sell since it seems i might have a 1/1
Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Being 1 of 1 only means something to the person wanting it because of that. In your case it does to YOU, great, but to another person they see a car that's worth LESS due to it. I wouldn't be amazed if very few people want to pay R money or more on a car that doesn't even have the proper R items included, even if they are not installed.

Personally screw up or not, if the proper R parts were NOT included WITH the car at least I'd walk away from it. The fact the factory screwed up to me may make it LOOK better, but it does NOT add value when the screw-up is that its missing like 10K in parts. If the R shipped with non-R wheels instead of CF wheels would you also NOT want the proper wheels to put in storage? Or would you also leave all that money on the table too?

You PAID for the parts already you should get them.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
I think I'm starting to see your point. You might have the first R that identifies as a regular 350. Could be worth something in todays climate.

Last edited:

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
You may have a 1 of 1, but I think you're missing the big picture by all the advice given in this thread:

Despite the fact of the car being built and delivered and retained w/o a R-spoiler and you having XYZ documents and XYZ pictures without the factory specific R-spoiler, is irrelevant to how many other R's may have slipped through as such. Despite ALL of that, the vehicle's future value won't be any more significant if you don't have the part to go with the car.

You could get it now with absolutely NO expense out of your pocket because it's an assembly line and QC "flub".... that is what everyone is saying - make the call and GET IT. Keep the car as you want, but GET the correct spoiler and store it.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I see this a lot... Starts a thread but already made up their mind.

Fine, I think you should do nothing, it's a 1-1. :)

Perhaps it will be in the "Why we don't make anything in America anymore" Museum some day.

Sponsored

OP
OP

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs

Perhaps it will be in the "Why we don't make anything in America anymore" Museum some day.
atta boy

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic

Welcome to the "Stevie Wonder QC Fails Museum".

Last edited:
OP
OP

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs

no where in this thread did i ask you, or anyone for advice or input...i just asked if anyone had seen a car built similar to mine.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
no where in this thread did i ask you, or anyone for advice or input...i just asked if anyone had seen a car built similar to mine.
Then it morphed into something else ;-)

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
We aren't pointing it out because you asked. We're pointing it out because any modicum of human decency dictates we point out when someone in the community is about to make a $10,000 mistake. You sir, are that someone.

Sponsored

Mrzero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AGT350
I'm in the process of buying a used 2020 GT350 from Carmax. I'm having it shipped from Utah to California. I noticed in the photos that the rear seat bottoms is for a leather seat car, this car has the Recaro seats. I'm betting this was a factory mistake. I inquired about this issue with a service advisor at Wonderies Ford (Alhambra, CA). The advisor told me that since the seat bottom issue was not caught during the PDI inspection Ford will not cover it. I call BS on this. Here's a photo of the interior.
Screenshot_20211115-132603_Gallery.jpg

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I'm in the process of buying a used 2020 GT350 from Carmax. I'm having it shipped from Utah to California. I noticed in the photos that the rear seat bottoms is for a leather seat car, this car has the Recaro seats. I'm betting this was a factory mistake. I inquired about this issue with a service advisor at Wonderies Ford (Alhambra, CA). The advisor told me that since the seat bottom issue was not caught during the PDI inspection Ford will not cover it. I call BS on this. Here's a photo of the interior.
Screenshot_20211115-132603_Gallery.jpg
Yeah I call BS on that too only because Ford will know that this kind of thing happens. You'd need to file a case and get some help with this. I can see a small argument that perhaps the original owner swapped it out after having a spill or something...

Mrzero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AGT350
Yeah I call BS on that too only because Ford will know that this kind of thing happens. You'd need to file a case and get some help with this. I can see a small argument that perhaps the original owner swapped it out after having a spill or something...
I considered the same argument. I'm sure there is some bacode underneath the seat that will confirm that this seat cover was installed on this particular vehicle on the day of production. Crossing fingers!

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I considered the same argument. I'm sure there is some bacode underneath the seat that will confirm that this seat cover was installed on this particular vehicle on the day of production. Crossing fingers!
You'd like to think so!

Hoose71

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
84, 13, 13, 21, 22 Mustangs, 72 Nova Rally
Took me a while to remember where I saw it. So I guess this means that all you guys over Chassis 2812 are actually one number lower??? :giggle:

GT500 with Mach 1 Chassis Badge
Sponsored