Mustangs
Sponsored

Last edited:

Saxgod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2021 Bronco Sport Outerbanks
Not exactly your situation but there are quiet a few instance of the wrong equipment being installed on cars leaving the factory. I had a boss 302 that got a boss 302 sill plate on one side and a regular mustang one on the other.

Hoose71

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
84, 13, 13, 21, 22 Mustangs, 72 Nova Rally
Along those lines, there's a GT500 video out showing it equipped with Mach 1 chassis dash plaque. Sometime's it surprising what doesn't get caught at the ship gate.

passwords

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350R & ‘19 ZL1 1LE
It certainly is not unusual for a car to be delivered from FRAP with the wrong parts - there was a thread from a few years ago where a GT350R was delivered without a wing at all (recently resurfaced), and there have been a few other instances documented in this forum with similar mistakes. As long as you have a warranty claim for the correct parts you should be able to get the correct parts and have them installed on the car (if you want).

This does bring another question to my mind though: If the car did not have the rear seat delete, did it come with rear seats installed? If it did have rear seats installed did the rear seats include red bolster accents like the front seats? We would love to see pictures of the as-delivered condition of the car. And some on this forum would be interested in buying the rear seats if they did come installed (assuming you were willing to sell them).

Regarding the splitter, it would have come from the factory belted to the passenger seat (see pic) - something that could easily go missing if it actually was included with the car from the factory.

Bottom line is you have a cool car with a unique story. Congratulations!

984A6B38-462D-4202-9520-E8B204426F4E.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
….

Last edited:

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Here is my car, as it sat once off the tranport truck….. View attachment 629428

I just purchased an early build 2019 GT350R KR014 and it was built with the regular GT350 spoiler instead of the R spoiler. I prefer the regular spoiler. The car came off the transport truck from Ford with this spoiler installed per the sales manager. I bought the vehicle from the original selling dealer. When it came in as a new vehicle it was also missing the rear seat delete and the front splitter. I have this documented with paperwork from the original selling dealer as they had to file a claim with Ford to get the correct parts. They did not realize it had the wrong spoiler until I pointed it out when I bought it. Has anyone elso ever seen an early 19 R with a regular spoiler. My car was built 4/1/19.
What a horrific mistake. I hope they can make it right. You might be the only person I know who would prefer the regular spoiler on an R over the R spoiler on an R. It's a unique piece only to the R. No it's not the only one.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/wingless-gt350r.166780/

Oh and I think the dealership was playing dumb about not knowing the difference between an R spoiler and a regular 350 spoiler. Ya like it's their first R they ever seen roll thru... More likely trying to play on your ignorance. Which...good for you...didn't work

Last edited:
OP
OP

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
I will keep it the way it left Ford. I like it that way. Makes it unique. I personally feel that although I am sure the R wing is functional, it looks to me like it is out of the JC Whitney catalog.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I assure you a carbon fiber wing on the R did not come from a JC Whitney catalog nor does it look like one. What a stupid statement. If your happy with with your R missing one of the key components that make it an R, that’s your choice. It will definitely hurt the value down the line.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
10 years from now, the potential buyer is going to laugh at your story and wish you would have obtained the R wing.

OP
OP

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
10 years from now, the potential buyer is going to laugh at your story and wish you would have obtained the R wing.
or maybe they will be thrilled to have a factory “error” car and something a little different.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Sorry, not a chance in hell. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with it if you like the car the way it is. But, you would be foolish to not attempt to get the proper wing for it, wether you install it or not.

or maybe they will be thrilled to have a factory “error” car and something a little different.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I would definitely tell the selling Dealer they need to put in a warranty claim and that you want to get that R-specific rear spoiler NOW….

Because sooner than later, that won’t be an option you would be able to get remedied with no expense to you. It’s your decision to keep and prefer the incorrect spoiler, but do take everyone’s advice - get that R spoiler now and just store it away…. You’ll thank everyone years from today.

Seeing your profile is showing as MD, what Dealership did you buy the R from?
Sponsored