svtfever

ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTPP1
Mine is doing it. Datalogs all check out so something else is going one. I think this is a 10r80 only thing too
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Just curious if the guys experiencing the stall are non stop e or cycle in some pump every few months?

I try to do a tank of 91 every few months but here in AZ it's also not real e85 only flex fuel e54ish.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Just curious if the guys experiencing the stall are non stop e or cycle in some pump every few months?

I try to do a tank of 91 every few months but here in AZ it's also not real e85 only flex fuel e54ish.
Yes. ;(.

Although strangely it has been running spot on lately. ?

svtfever

ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTPP1
I know its not an e85 thing. mine does this on 93 too. I have checked all vacuum lines, spark plugs, wide band sensors, cleaned throttle body etc... I am about to drive my car off a cliff. it died multiple times at like 4 different lights today within a 30 min time period.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
The voltage on mine stayed at 12.6 for about 30seconds so something is failing on mine, I checked fluid in the battery and the cells all have good levels of acid in them.

I have no doubt the shop checked it and said they found nothing wrong, These young guys just out of Tech school these days just don't know, or are taught how to think outside the box. If their test equipment can't tell them what's wrong, they just can't figure it out by themselves.

I ordered an alternator hopefully it'll be here this week and I can install it next weekend.

These are adaptive batteries in these cars. They change voltage depending on the need.
Mine drops to 12.6 very frequently and it doesn't stall.

Last edited:

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I know its not an e85 thing. mine does this on 93 too. I have checked all vacuum lines, spark plugs, wide band sensors, cleaned throttle body etc... I am about to drive my car off a cliff. it died multiple times at like 4 different lights today within a 30 min time period.
Brake booster too? I lost vacuum when had something cause a hole. (Rodent, bug whatever).

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Damn that is worse than mine. Id bet its a sensor gone bad but not throwing a code for some reason. Id try replacing all o2 sensors probably. Then maybe spark plugs if that doesnt work. after that maybe you could upgrade your injectors to 1000cc and see if that makes any difference.

I wonder if it could be something to do with the port injection? It seems to be only an 18+ issue from what I can tell

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Damn that is worse than mine. Id bet its a sensor gone bad but not throwing a code for some reason. Id try replacing all o2 sensors probably. Then maybe spark plugs if that doesnt work. after that maybe you could upgrade your injectors to 1000cc and see if that makes any difference.

I wonder if it could be something to do with the port injection? It seems to be only an 18+ issue from what I can tell
I still haven't seen this issue from a manual owner. The fuel system can handle a lot more than what is required for E85, so there is no need to add larger injectors. The DI system isn't really being used at idle anyway. This really sound like a disconnect somewhere between the ECU and the trans controller.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
A bad fuel vapor purge valve can cause these same idle issues. Most of these problems are on cars that have run e85. Like a $50 part does anyone want to be a guinea pig? Would take 3 minutes to switch out.

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bad fuel vapor purge valve can cause these same idle issues. Most of these problems are on cars that have run e85. Like a $50 part does anyone want to be a guinea pig? Would take 3 minutes to switch out.
I am running a JLT catch can, does everyone who has this issue happen to use a catch can by chance? My mods are just the K&N filter JLT catch can and e85 tune and electric cutouts.

I may try the purge valve, is that near the trunk area of the car?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I am running a JLT catch can, does everyone who has this issue happen to use a catch can by chance? My mods are just the K&N filter JLT catch can and e85 tune and electric cutouts.

I may try the purge valve, is that near the trunk area of the car?
Right next to fuel rail on drivers side. It is the brown/black cylinder looking piece (about 2 inch long) with black tubing and electrical connector. I ran open breathers for over 4k miles no problems. I put the PVC back on for dealer visit.
BCAFF593-4ABE-47F7-A981-96FC534ABDEB.jpeg

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
I've run maybe 5/6 tanks of E85 over the last 8 months, other than that I've purely run 98 (equivalent to about 92). I can't drive for more than 15 minutes without it happening at almost every set of lights. It has properly stalled 4 times total now.

I got the stock tune loaded after some issues, and it's well and truly happening on this tune, it stalled proper in my work carpark this morning. Hopefully I'll get some time to take it to another dealer next week.

For curiosity's sake, have other people been running a burble/crackle tune when not on E85? Wondering if that may be messing with things

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've run maybe 5/6 tanks of E85 over the last 8 months, other than that I've purely run 98 (equivalent to about 92). I can't drive for more than 15 minutes without it happening at almost every set of lights. It has properly stalled 4 times total now.

I got the stock tune loaded after some issues, and it's well and truly happening on this tune, it stalled proper in my work carpark this morning. Hopefully I'll get some time to take it to another dealer next week.

For curiosity's sake, have other people been running a burble/crackle tune when not on E85? Wondering if that may be messing with things
I have a crackle tune currently but it was happening for me before I had the crackle tune so I do not think its related to that. Only ran the crackle tune on e85 too so far.

Last edited:

svtfever

ALEX
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTPP1
I have crackle on my 93 tune only. I switch from e85 back to 93 every 5-6 tanks. I think this is an auto only thing

chohan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erik
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT, 301a, 10r80
Any updates on this issue? Anyone discover the cause?
Sponsored