Sponsored

E-Tune - Which one?

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Thanks! Too bad ford doesn’t offer more warranty friendly stuff. Really just would want a downpipe and intercooler.
Yeah... There are many options for IC and DP. But then you need to go tune it which means buying a tunning device like Cobb and then find a tuner like mentioned on the video. All piles up and narrows down to $$$$.
Sponsored

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Thanks! Too bad ford doesn’t offer more warranty friendly stuff. Really just would want a downpipe and intercooler.

U can run an intercooler with the FP tune, I do. It does not need to be tuned for as its a cooling mod, not a power adder. FP is totally okay with it.

justme97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 LB Ecoboost 6mt pony pack vert, 06 EB Explorer
Thanks! I’ll probably stick with the FP tune for now, if they ever update for 2018 models. The price is right considering it comes with a cai.

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
I would say go with Tune+. I've had mine tuned for nearly 2 years and about 20k miles thus far. I drive the car daily as well. It's done just fine. Been solid running for me. I ran 13.6 bone stock. After an intercooler, cat-back and a 93 tune from Tune+ I ran 12.6. All on the same exact tires.

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Lightning Blue
Booked in for what amounts to a Cobb Stage 2 upgrade, with a custom tune. CRD in Sydney are to do the work, after visiting Cobb in the US earlier this month and confirming the in-house quality of their parts. CAI, Intercooler & Access Port & custom tune for Australian fuels. Should be done later this month when parts are in and CRD finish their race car development for the Easter meets. Also looking at including the DV+ value, as its manufactured just down the road & would like some Aussie parts on-board.
Looking to build on the GT qualities of the standard car (not running drag times :)), that I use for work (30,000k service just done).
Will have to wait for the cash flow to rebuild to address the exhaust side with down-pipe & exhaust.

Sponsored

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Booked in for what amounts to a Cobb Stage 2 upgrade, with a custom tune. CRD in Sydney are to do the work, after visiting Cobb in the US earlier this month and confirming the in-house quality of their parts. CAI, Intercooler & Access Port & custom tune for Australian fuels. Should be done later this month when parts are in and CRD finish their race car development for the Easter meets. Also looking at including the DV+ value, as its manufactured just down the road & would like some Aussie parts on-board.
Looking to build on the GT qualities of the standard car (not running drag times :)), that I use for work (30,000k service just done).
Will have to wait for the cash flow to rebuild to address the exhaust side with down-pipe & exhaust.
I have the Cobb tuner and CAI now, and plan to get the intercooler this spring. Is that the GFB DV+ you're looking at? I've been thinking about that too, so I hope you let us know how it works with the Cobb parts and tune.

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
Tune+. 3 years and 78k+ miles. I'm completely satisfied with what he's been able to do to the car.

Freektune is also very good and Justin is a talented tuner.

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
Tune+, I have it for a year and the car runs flawlessly - and like a little beast.

Dvcrogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang auto
Tune+ for the last 98,000 miles and runs 7.70 in the 1/8 at 4,000 pounds race weight.

DRU842

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Lightning Blue
Just had the Cobb Accessport, Intercooler, CAI & GFB DV+ with custom CRD tune installed - delays on the intercooler availability. Power & torque up 45% over standard in the mid range, topping out at 229.5kW at the rear wheels. I've put about 700km on, mainly highway/cross country driving and the extra punch has built on great GT character of the base car.
Sponsored