Sponsored

E-Tune - Which one?

Ecoboobs

RAINF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP (Poverty Pack) 2.3T A/T
Booked in for dyno power run tomorrow. Will be interesting to see the curve as it pulls hard to redline now.

Coyote Red you have to stop parking your car in the freezer mate it's not good for the duco:D
Sponsored

OP
OP
FraG

FraG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 EcoBoost
Sweet make sure you post them up :) How much $150?

What mods are you running now?

Ecoboobs

RAINF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dunno, I was too stoked to get it on the dyno before xmas.

Mods are KN panel, ATM cooler, TS wastegate, denso plugs, mishi catch can, mishi catted downpipe, Vibrant UQ resi, MF street cat back and PD tune. I also got the cradle bushing kit from BMR suspension. Running 23 PSI max.

Blyman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang (Black)

Mods are KN panel, ATM cooler, TS wastegate, denso plugs, mishi catch can, mishi catted downpipe, Vibrant UQ resi, MF street cat back and PD tune. I also got the cradle bushing kit from BMR suspension. Running 23 PSI max.
So you have the exact same mod level I do and tuner which is perfect. I wanna dyno after my methanol is tuned so I can use your data and mine to see what the methanol gains

OP
OP
FraG

FraG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 EcoBoost

Cool, hurry up and post the results. How do you find the mishi Downpipe? I considered it however didnt want to kill myself with volume.

Sponsored

Ecoboobs

RAINF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So you have the exact same mod level I do and tuner which is perfect. I wanna dyno after my methanol is tuned so I can use your data and mine to see what the methanol gains
Yeah pretty well but dyno results vary. Same dyno and same day, same temp etc and it would be a better comparo. I was lucky to get on to a proper hub dyno today. Good experienced tuner there too. Anyways, the results are attached. Did two runs. Best was first run. Note they were also done in 4th gear and mine is an auto. Ambient temp 21 deg C.

327 hp @wheels = 244kW for the metric guys @wheels
366 ft-lb @wheels = 496nM @ wheels

Dyno operator was very surprised as they have only done GT mustangs so far. Shout out to Ryan At PD tuning:thumbsup: Stoked. Hope my rod bolts hold up:) Also Dyno power run was $200 AUD.
17EBmustang2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
FraG

FraG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 EcoBoost
Yeah pretty well but dyno results vary. Same dyno and same day, same temp etc and it would be a better comparo. I was lucky to get on to a proper hub dyno today. Good experienced tuner there too. Anyways, the results are attached. Did two runs. Best was first run. Note they were also done in 4th gear and mine is an auto. Ambient temp 21 deg C.

327 hp @wheels = 244kW for the metric guys @wheels
366 ft-lb @wheels = 496nM @ wheels

Dyno operator was very surprised as they have only done GT mustangs so far. Shout out to Ryan At PD tuning:thumbsup: Stoked. Hope my rod bolts hold up:) Also Dyno power run was $200 AUD.
Grats mate, mine will hopefully be around this as well. I dont have a downpipe but rest is same same. Though my 98 Octane goes to 25PSI while 95 octane 23.5-4 odd so not sure what that will mean.

I wont have $200 spare anytime soon for this but confident I shouldnt be too far away. 300HP+ at the wheels is damn nice

Ecoboobs

RAINF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grats mate, mine will hopefully be around this as well. I dont have a downpipe but rest is same same. Though my 98 Octane goes to 25PSI while 95 octane 23.5-4 odd so not sure what that will mean.

I wont have $200 spare anytime soon for this but confident I shouldnt be too far away. 300HP+ at the wheels is damn nice
Cheers man. :cheers:Have to hook up for a cruise and I'll let you take it for a spin.

The downpipe turned a nice sounding magnaflow street into a really loud, shitty sounding exhaust. I had to put a Vibrant Ultraquiet in there. I actually still want to get a 3" Vibrant resi and put it in a section of the downpipe to quiet it down further. So don't bother with a downpipe if you don't want it obnoxiously louder.

Sounds like your tuner is just running a safer boost curve on the 95 octane - no issue there.

OP
OP
FraG

FraG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 EcoBoost
Sounds like your tuner is just running a safer boost curve on the 95 octane - no issue there.
Yeah I know, I get stuck on country trips from time to time and dont always have bp98 available. .. would love to do an E85 conversion :p

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Thought I might throw in here a video for those folks who want to know what to choose when it comes to OTS or E-Tune/Pro Tune...

[ame]

Sponsored

justme97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 LB Ecoboost 6mt pony pack vert, 06 EB Explorer
Thought I might throw in here a video for those folks who want to know what to choose when it comes to OTS or E-Tune/Pro Tune...
Maybe a stupid question, but is the fp tune considered an ots “canned” tune?

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maybe a stupid question, but is the fp tune considered an ots “canned” tune?
FP tune as in Ford Performance? If so, I don't consider it an OTS because Ford provides the tune file specific for the part upgrade such as the exhaust, intake, etc. They offer their package bundle with a performance part + the corresponding tune to unleash the power of that specific part. Hope I make sense, but wait on other people to comment as I am not too familiar with FP tune, but I might have the right assumption.

justme97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, Ford Performance. Kinda makes sense. It doesn’t look like Ford Performance has a downpipe, so would you have to ditch their tune if you ever got an aftermarket downpipe?

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, Ford Performance. Kinda makes sense. It doesn’t look like Ford Performance has a downpipe, so would you have to ditch their tune if you ever got an aftermarket downpipe?
If you plan to go for more aftermarket parts, my suggestion is to not use FP tune. To go with FP is to stay within warranty limits and use FP parts.

justme97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! Too bad ford doesn’t offer more warranty friendly stuff. Really just would want a downpipe and intercooler.
Sponsored