Sponsored

Dynotech driveshaft

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Just bought a used dynotech aluminum driveshaft. Will I be able to notice any difference between the aluminum and the stock driveshaft? One of my friends told my dyno tech makes one of the best driveshaft it couldn't give me a reason why lol. I k ow there customer service sucks. Couldn't get them to answer the phone all week. Left messages and emails. Never got a call back.
Sponsored

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Just bought a used dynotech aluminum driveshaft. Will I be able to notice any difference between the aluminum and the stock driveshaft? One of my friends told my dyno tech makes one of the best driveshaft it couldn't give me a reason why lol. I k ow there customer service sucks. Couldn't get them to answer the phone all week. Left messages and emails. Never got a call back.
I ran the dynotech when NA...it was one of the best mods I did. Takes a lot of the sloppiness out...also the car will much more responsive with the gas pedal. Quite a bit of weight reduction on the rotating mass will make it a tad quicker as well. Why I like dynotech over the others is that it is a direct bolt up...no rubber donuts anywhere, Yes there customer service SUCKS...been through that as well. Hopefully you got the front bolts with the driveshaft...those can be more than challenging to find if you didn't.

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Car does feel a little quicker but I'm noticing a little noise and a little vibration over 80mph. Is that normal?

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Definitely going to notice more noise...no vibration on the one I had.

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Yeah it's noticeable riding at 90mph and above for a consistent rate smh. Getting on it feels pretty good. Now if I could learn how to shift faster I'd be A ok lol. Once I press on the clutch at high rpm, I notice the rpm hands goes way down in the red past 7000. I'm trying to learn how to shift right at 7000rpm without it rpm hand going past 7000

Sponsored

V8EATR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
You will definitely get more vibration with an aluminum d/s. The car really won't be any quicker, its lighter yes, but the diameter is bigger than the stock one so really cancels out any "rotational" weight savings. I had one for a year or 2, then went back to stock and never looked back. Good luck.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
If you have vibrations at specific road speeds you might need to clock the driveshaft at the rear diff flange. I had to do this with mine twice since the vibration moved the first time but did not go away(went from about 60mph to about 110mph). The second time I clocked it it has either eliminated the vibration or just moved it up so high I'll probably never reach that speed.