Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Got my dynotech ready to be installed when i take it in for my na build...like the 2 billet joints...and the locating pins insure correct line up for vibrationless fun!

lwnslw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
How much is the Dynotech ?

Best place to purchase ?

Thanks

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Gee

Gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I went with lethal performance to get mine. they were quick, just a few days before i received it. Im actually surprised how so many big name mustang sites only offer dss driveshafts and nothing else!

lwnslw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Been looking at DSS for a while. Didn't notice how thin the shaft is that connects the CV joint part of the shaft to the diff until I found this thread.

Not sure why they use a CV joint in that location but after seeing the Dynotech shaft posted here I am liking it more than the DSS...

Thanks to the OP for this thread..

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
Been looking at DSS for a while. Didn't notice how thin the shaft is that connects the CV joint part of the shaft to the diff until I found this thread.

Not sure why they use a CV joint in that location but after seeing the Dynotech shaft posted here I am liking it more than the DSS...

Thanks to the OP for this thread..
They use a cv joint to minimize nvh. It's more forgiving on the pinion angle. Yes our pinion angle is fixed but several shops have told me its at an extreme angle so a typical u joint setup "could" cause issues.
I prefer a u joint.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ive had both shafts and the dynotech is a better piece!!

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
So just to confirm there is:
DSS
Shaftmaster
Dynotech

Is that correct? Seems the best two of Dynotech and shaftmasters?

Sponsored

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Sub'd

OP
OP
Gee

Gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
So just to confirm there is:
DSS
Shaftmaster
Dynotech

Is that correct? Seems the best two of Dynotech and shaftmasters?
There's others, but those seem to be the most popular. People seem to have had success with all of them from what I've read. Like I said in other posts, some have installed any one of these DS's and had zero issues off the bat, others have battled some vibration. The drive train angles in these cars doesn't always agree with the DS it seems. Sometimes clocking fixes it, sometimes a different shaft will fix it. I'm not a DS or pinion angle expert, all I know is the Dynotech went in and has been flawless.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
There's others, but those seem to be the most popular. People seem to have had success with all of them from what I've read. Like I said in other posts, some have installed any one of these DS's and had zero issues off the bat, others have battled some vibration. The drive train angles in these cars doesn't always agree with the DS it seems. Sometimes clocking fixes it, sometimes a different shaft will fix it. I'm not a DS or pinion angle expert, all I know is the Dynotech went in and has been flawless.

Every owner with the Dynotech seems to say its flawless and vibration free, this is hugely important.

Yet all DSS owners seem to complain of vibration or NVH of some kind even after rotating.

Think I shall go with Dynotech when the time comes, can you feel the acceleration difference from fitting the one piece drive shaft?

OP
OP
Gee

Gee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Every owner with the Dynotech seems to say its flawless and vibration free, this is hugely important.

Yet all DSS owners seem to complain of vibration or NVH of some kind even after rotating.

Think I shall go with Dynotech when the time comes, can you feel the acceleration difference from fitting the one piece drive shaft?
I have to admit, I think I found zero posts about Dynotech causing vibration, and it was quite the opposite regarding the other shafts.

Mentioned in my OP that the response felt a little snappier. Car as it sits, no tune, stock Pirelli's went 12.8@111, nothing earth shattering but respectable.
Sponsored