Dynamic Diode Switchback fell out

RalfTech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralf
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Premium 2015
You need to take out the whole marker light its easier this way.
I used a small magnet attached to tape and got it out in less than 2 minutes :)

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
I used a small magnet attached to tape and got it out in less than 2 minutes :)
happened to me twice, once with generic and once with diode dynamics. the first time i used my finger and some gorilla glue (super ouch) and that scraped my arm tons. Second time it was not as bad since I used a extendable magnet and double sided 3m adhesive tape. So, I used extra force this time and some good tape to wrap around the bulb/connector. Never again lmao.

gottasrt4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT Premium and '05 Neon SRT4
this keeps happening to me, too, on my passenger side. I called DD and they said pretty much what people said in here: use tape to hold it in place and couldn't provide me with any visual reference. not really helpful. I saw where they said they fixed the problem, but if it keeps happening to me, I don't know what to say. 🤷‍♂️ if this was a quick, 15 mins job, I wouldn't even bother say'n anything, but this's an hour job, so it's annoying. thank you for the extendable magnet idea: I'm totally going to hook that up: that'll save some time; the last time this happened, I took the whole damn assembly off.

could someone share a pic of how they taped their bulb in place? really 'ppreciate the help!

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
this keeps happening to me, too, on my passenger side. I called DD and they said pretty much what people said in here: use tape to hold it in place and couldn't provide me with any visual reference. not really helpful. I saw where they said they fixed the problem, but if it keeps happening to me, I don't know what to say. 🤷‍♂️ if this was a quick, 15 mins job, I wouldn't even bother say'n anything, but this's an hour job, so it's annoying. thank you for the extendable magnet idea: I'm totally going to hook that up: that'll save some time; the last time this happened, I took the whole damn assembly off.

could someone share a pic of how they taped their bulb in place? really 'ppreciate the help!
Use like 1 inch wide electrical tape and tape around the housing of the bulb and housing of the plug. Basically covering the area where the bulb goes into the housing. Here's a terrible image with a factory bulb: between the black lines.

s-l300.jpg

Sponsored

gottasrt4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cool. I'll give that a shot. thank you, Freedom! I'll let ya'll know how it goes!

gottasrt4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
alright, I honestly forgot a few times to follow up here, but putt'n electrical tape on the bulb seemed to work and last for more than a few weeks; in hindsight I was overcomplicating it 🤦‍♂️

'ppreciate ya'lls' help!
Sponsored