Dynamic Diode Switchback fell out

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Both marker lights that came with my turn signal kit have started to flicker. I noticed the passenger side flickering on Thursday, today the driver side has the same issue. Wondering if it's temperature related? It's been frigid here the past 2 weeks. I pulled the passenger side marker and tried the factory bulb, no flicker. On a positive note I pulled the turn signal switchback while I was in there and definitely felt and heard it click into the socket. Not worried, I've contacted DD and I'm sure they will get it sorted.

Mine is doing the exact same thing. Both sides started doing it around the same time. My side marker is also noticeably dimmer than the main bulb when it's on (been that way from the start, got worse once I added the resistors).

Frustrated with these switchbacks I purchased at set of OPT7 turn signals. No more switchback problems.
Sponsored

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Both marker lights that came with my turn signal kit have started to flicker. I noticed the passenger side flickering on Thursday, today the driver side has the same issue. Wondering if it's temperature related? It's been frigid here the past 2 weeks. I pulled the passenger side marker and tried the factory bulb, no flicker. On a positive note I pulled the turn signal switchback while I was in there and definitely felt and heard it click into the socket. Not worried, I've contacted DD and I'm sure they will get it sorted.

Keep us posted. I been wanting to add these as well on my car.

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Platinum Premium GT
DD's customer service shipped out replacement markers today, looking forward to another exciting episode of "Will The Bulb Work".

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD's customer service shipped out replacement markers today, looking forward to another exciting episode of "Will The Bulb Work".
Awesome!!! Mines shipped out as well for the switchback turning signals.

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
l really like the appearance of the switchback kit and you will too. Make sure you hear/feel the "click" when seating those turn signal bulbs.

Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
I put a dab of superglue on the connector for the turn signal bulbs. Enough to keep it in but not too much that I could work it out of the socket if needed. Never fell out again.

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Replacements arrived, no more blinky.

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Every bulb is fully tested before it ships - give it a bit, few startups, to see if the vehicle needs to reset the circuit. Thanks!
First, thanks for the prompt service and fast shipment of the replacement bulbs, the new markers are working fine. The next time I'm in the area I'm willing to drop off the bad bulbs if you're interested in having them.

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Finally got my replacements...

[ame]

Sponsored

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP

[ame]
My cars smartswitch turn signals are doing the same flicker how do you fix it? Thanks

catchthecarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My cars smartswitch turn signals are doing the same flicker how do you fix it? Thanks
DD sent new replacement bulbs, no problems since.

RalfTech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralf
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Ecoboost Premium 2015
I noticed yesterday when unlocking my doors with the key fob that my passenger side switchback wasn't blinking with the other one. Upon closer inspection I saw that it fell out!

I spent about a damn hour fishing it around with a stick and trying to pull it out from the base with a pair of needle nose pliers. Jesus that was an infuriating tedious process. I really thought I would never get it out and contemplated baking the housing open.

I finally got it out and tried plugging it back into the base, but it came off again with the slightest tug, so I ended up taping everything together with electrical tape.

Hopefully this should keep it secure for a long time. I do not want to go through that again.

Just a heads up for anyone installing these to use some electrical tape just in case so you wouldn't have to go through what I did.
11653411_10204424760683422_1947345140_n.jpg
11666944_10204424760643421_1368833642_n.jpg
11694246_10204424760803425_1642345540_n.jpg
Jesus it just happened to me
Sponsored