Dumb question, but I have to ask it.

bennieboo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bennie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Mods feel free to delete if necessary, but I did a search on this and saw a lot of mention of mechanical boost gauges, just not where they tap into.

Car is an '18/A10 Paxton car on a 3.6 and a fuel system. This weekend, catless LT's and a smaller pulley are going on. I plan on adding a mechanical boost gauge for logging/tuning purposes and.. well, am I correct in saying I could tee into the vac line running to my BOV and tie the gauge into that? Or is that a cardinal sin? Just want to be able to identify any potential belt slip (this griptec pulley better not fucking slip lol) and make adjustments where needed.
Sponsored

Chris Barnes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
you could buy the boost box Omega and just use your nGauge to log/display boost

OP
OP
bennieboo

bennieboo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bennie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
you could buy the boost box Omega and just use your nGauge to log/display boost
Ordinarily I'd be all about adding tech to the vehicle, but given a MAJORITY of the reviews I've seen on those have been negative or at least less than stellar I'm likely to pass.

SiMuL

.wise selectah.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO PP
Tapping into the BOV line is fine. That's where I tapped in on my GTI. So long as the line you're using sees vacuum and boost, you will get the results you're after. There's no cardinal sin tapping this line, boost reference is boost reference.

OP
OP
bennieboo

bennieboo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bennie
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Tapping into the BOV line is fine. That's where I tapped in on my GTI. So long as the line you're using sees vacuum and boost, you will get the results you're after. There's no cardinal sin tapping this line, boost reference is boost reference.
Thank you sir. That’s all I needed to hear.
Sponsored