Sponsored

Dumb question... How do I change the Whipple pulley?

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
As the title says... I assume loosen the tensioner first?
Sponsored

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
I tested changing the pulley to see what it would entail, loosen the bolts on pulley before a second person puts a breaker bar on the tensioner, de-tension via tensioner, remove bolts, remove pulley, put new pulley on, snug bolts, release tensioner, torque bolts.

Super Werty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT
Uh no. Loosen bolts...loosen tensioner... Take belt off SC pulley.. Let hang loose Take pulley bolts off... New pulley on... Tighten bolts... Put belt back on.. Full tension on belt. Completely tighten pulley bolts

SmokedSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
re-adjust tensioner to 75% load with different pulley dia

F1scamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Uh no. Loosen bolts...loosen tensioner... Take belt off SC pulley.. Let hang loose Take pulley bolts off... New pulley on... Tighten bolts... Put belt back on.. Full tension on belt. Completely tighten pulley bolts

Lol. Sorry, I guess I assumed taking the belt off the pulley would be common sense for removal of the pulley that is wrapped by the belt...

Super Werty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT
Lol. Sorry, I guess I assumed taking the belt off the pulley would be common sense for removal of the pulley that is wrapped by the belt...
Haha you never know. You made it sound like the second person was to hold the tensioner that whole time lol.
Sponsored