You heathen how dare you propose such things!! :D

I hope they stop R production if they do make a 2018 350 :lol::D
Sponsored

whatjones911

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pretty Fast
Totally believable with the 10 speed auto, and not with a dual clutch. GM claims the 10 speed in the camaro ZL1 shifts faster than porsche's pdk, makes a lot of sense for ford to put that in the GT350 than to develop a dual clutch.

Aurelius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
^^this.

thePill likes to throw up his hands and say "why do you still doubt me?" when it should be blatantly obvious using ridiculous sources like he did.

How do you not understand that? Anyone can post a rumor on here, then a magazine posts this information on their website, then the forum where the rumor INITIALLY BEGAN cites the magazine as a "source" for leaked info? Do you not see the cyclical bias there? :crazy::headbonk:

I can absolutely discuss a DCT GT350. To be honest, I was kind of surprised that they didn't offer the DCT for the R models since it is their more "hardcore" track offering. The issue is that the DCT they developed for the GT would drastically raise the price of the 350. Those DCT's that are made to handle 500+ lb-ft of torque are VERY VERY expensive. Just for example, a GTR's transmission that handles well under 500 lb-ft of torque, retails for over $28,000. Food for thought. DCT's don't handle torque very well as they are much more fragile than an auto with a conventional torque converter. This is why the ones that go into high end supercars are very, very expensive to develop and produce.

I think if they really wanted to show off for laptimes it probably would have been an option initially for the R's. I would actually like to see it just because it would be just THAT much faster, with closer ratios and lightning changes. But with how expensive they are, I don't see it happening unless Ford is going to bite the bullet and lose money on every DCT optioned car they sell. Autos are only ever $1500-2000 more when available as options, and that wouldn't come close to covering the cost differential between the DCT and the Tremec 3160.
You are absolutely right. If this actually does happen get ready to see a big price hike. You will not keep a car sub 60k with a dual clutch transmission in it. If it does jump that much then what, are you going to compete with the GT500 coming out in 2018 as well?

Then again maybe R and T is making for some good clickbait.

Sponsored

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Has anyone visited FIA's GT4 Rules and Regulations and find out what kind of transmissions they use there?

The MARC VDS car was GT4 I think, cant remember. I used a Sequential Manual in FIA. They also used a Roush Yates 5.2 or 5.3.

The GT350 is no Boss 302 that is for sure. No need to adhere to its old class regulation anymore.

I'll look at the transmissions in use in GT4 and see if the DCT could at least mimic OEM function.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
Enough of the trolling and individual feuds. If you don't want to discuss a potential DCT GT350, stay out of the thread.
Excuse me, but I don't believe questioning the validity of continued "confirmed" items as trolling, especially when said confirmations have no weight behind them or any real evidence.

If the rest of the thread was read, it is quite clear we were discussing a DCT/Auto option.

I would have believed that for you the moderator the posts containing continued pure speculation with no factual evidence to be of a greater concern or more likely to be perceived as "trolling" than simply questioning whether an "announcement" is true or not.

If someone else were to make threads multiple times a day stating "confirmed" updates but supplying us with no actual evidence would you allow it? I am 100% up to discuss anything, but having some things continually being spouted as being "confirmed" is nonsense. It just leads readers who don't know any better astray.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
The posts in question are not the ones with concerns about the credibility of the info. It was directed at trolling statements and completely off topic posts that have been removed.

Whether the info is true or not there is a substantive discussion that can be had here about DCT. Let's get on topic.

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
And, the greatest part of this if it is true- Mustang would beat Corvette in having a DCT car first!

Sponsored

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
And, the greatest part of this if it is true- Mustang would beat Corvette in having a DCT car first!
The only downside being that the 350 would probably be more expensive than the Corvette with a DCT haha

I can only imagine the E92 M3 like sounds this thing would make with a DCT though downshifting a couple gears and on the upshift blasts :D

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Porsche is a perfect example of why simply quickest lap times aren't always what customers want. GT3 went 100% PDK, to howls from some Porsche loyalists. Then the 911R is produced as 100% manual.....I don't think it is coincidental.....but just my personal speculation.

One reason I am loyal to Ford is because they produce special edition Mustangs that are manual only......has to take tremendous resolve to do that as I am certain there is substantial push-back internally and externally to include AT cars.

Last edited:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
If my R was available with a DCT, I would have ordered it that way.

Even if it's the 10-speed - autos are nearly as fast as DCT now and just as efficient.

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
If my R was available with a DCT, I would have ordered it that way.

Even if it's the 10-speed - autos are nearly as fast as DCT now and just as efficient.
Ehh, even if they are as fast or faster, and even if any auto or DCT is faster than the manual, I would bet the majority of buyers don't care about that extra few % of performance left on the table. The experience for me is certainly more valued than a quick 0-60 or a faster lap time :)
Sponsored