Kronazilla

Kronazilla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Alright so filled up a new 5 gallon fuel container with e85 and ran my car down till it read 0 miles till empty. Filled her up with e and got the revised tune installed. 5 gallons got me to just under half a tank, ran that till I was under a quarter and filled up with more e, till just under 3/4 of a tank. So far so good, any suggestions on how long I should try to drive it normally before I do a pull?

I'm still a bit iffy only because the last time the codes only came up was at or near WOT.

Also tested for e before and got similar results to when I tested my previous samples.
Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Alright so filled up a new 5 gallon fuel container with e85 and ran my car down till it read 0 miles till empty. Filled her up with e and got the revised tune installed. 5 gallons got me to just under half a tank, ran that till I was under a quarter and filled up with more e, till just under 3/4 of a tank. So far so good, any suggestions on how long I should try to drive it normally before I do a pull?

I'm still a bit iffy only because the last time the codes only came up was at or near WOT.

Also tested for e before and got similar results to when I tested my previous samples.
Watch your fuel trims. (STFT). Usually take 5-10 minutes or 10-15 miles to fully mix.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
What percentage of ethanol did you see on the E85 test? If it tested out high enough, then you’re ready to do some WOT pulls. The biggest thing is, remembering that just because a gas station had E85 with a high ethanol content one week earlier, doesn’t mean it will on every visit. All that is required federally if 51%-83% ethanol content and it will be referred to as E85. That’s why the testing is so critical, unless your on the Flex tune, in which case it doesn’t matter what the ethanol content is.

OP
OP
Kronazilla

Kronazilla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
What percentage of ethanol did you see on the E85 test? If it tested out high enough, then you’re ready to do some WOT pulls. The biggest thing is, remembering that just because a gas station had E85 with a high ethanol content one week earlier, doesn’t mean it will on every visit. All that is required federally if 51%-83% ethanol content and it will be referred to as E85. That’s why the testing is so critical, unless your on the Flex tune, in which case it doesn’t matter what the ethanol content is.
The test I did with the 5 gallon jug before filling up was just a smidge over the 85 line

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kronazilla

Kronazilla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Alright so far I've done a couple pulls with no issue. One thing I did notice is when I go into Second gear the car seems like its blipping, like if I'm taping the pedal when there preassure on it. When I let off and then give it gas it behaves normally again but it almost always does it when shifting past 2k rpm. I've already let bama know, hopefully they revise it again soon bc it did not behave like that even with the last e tune. Haven't had time to data log it unfortunately 😔

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
They’re really gonna need to see the logs to get you dialed in properly. They can tune out the blips that you experienced.

OP
OP
Kronazilla

Kronazilla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
They’re really gonna need to see the logs to get you dialed in properly. They can tune out the blips that you experienced.
Yeah gonna make some time tonight to data log the car. They did send me a tune revision last night, pretty much did the same thing when going from first to second. Is it a good idea to make two logs?

Was thinking of recording one just going from first to second over and over so they can see what going on with that particular issue. Also wanna record one just so they can see how it drives overall.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Yeah gonna make some time tonight to data log the car. They did send me a tune revision last night, pretty much did the same thing when going from first to second. Is it a good idea to make two logs?

Was thinking of recording one just going from first to second over and over so they can see what going on with that particular issue. Also wanna record one just so they can see how it drives overall.
Has Bama sent you instructions on how to data log? If not, I would start here in the link below, or shoot them a quick email to ask them exactly how they want it done. I tuned with Lund and they had a series of steps such as, logging while idling for 2 minutes, followed by step revs from idle, to 2500 rpm for like 10 seconds, then 3500 and 4500, followed by a normal drive and then a WOT pull from 2500 rpm to 7500 rpm in 3rd gear, followed by idling for 30 seconds and then stopping the log. I then sent that entire log back to Lund for review and revisions to the tune.

https://support.bamaperformance.com/hc/en-us/articles/215174386-How-to-Datalog-Your-Mustang

OP
OP
Kronazilla

Kronazilla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Has Bama sent you instructions on how to data log? If not, I would start here in the link below, or shoot them a quick email to ask them exactly how they want it done. I tuned with Lund and they had a series of steps such as, logging while idling for 2 minutes, followed by step revs from idle, to 2500 rpm for like 10 seconds, then 3500 and 4500, followed by a normal drive and then a WOT pull from 2500 rpm to 7500 rpm in 3rd gear, followed by idling for 30 seconds and then stopping the log. I then sent that entire log back to Lund for review and revisions to the tune.

https://support.bamaperformance.com/hc/en-us/articles/215174386-How-to-Datalog-Your-Mustang
I've been reading up on how to data log on bamas support page, I did run into that link as well and bookmarked it. They haven't asked me how they prefer the log 😕. Only thing that sucks is I don't have a laptop, only a desktop, so I'm gonna have to log everything on the rev x then import it to my desktop.

So far I've just been shifting into 2nd gear right under 2k rpm and it's been fine for now until I get that Issue sorted out. Gonna email bama rn to see how they want me to log it like you said.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Kronazilla

Kronazilla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Bit of an update. I emailed bama asking how they wanted the data logs, haven't gotten anything back yet so I'm just waiting at this point. Part of me is just thinking I should just go back to 93 until I can get the lund e85 race/flex tune.

OP
OP
Kronazilla

Kronazilla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So was able to make a data log tonight, not a long one but one that shows the issue I have been having with the "blipping" when going into second. Towards the end of the data log I actually got the same codes come up that were coming up with the original e85 race tune đŸ˜©. I never got any response from Bama when I last asked them how they wanted the log, which is the only reason I went ahead and made one anyway. I sent it off to them, lets see what happens.

OP
OP
Kronazilla

Kronazilla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Got a response from bama today with a revision. I've switched back to 93 to not damage anything on the e85 tune since it wasn't dialed in, cars been happy back on the 93 tune. Still unsure if I'll try the new revision. Seems like a big hassle to switch back just for it to potentially do the same thing. As of now I'm sticking to I said before about just waiting to get it tuned by lund and get their flex fuel tune as well. If I do decide to test out the new tune I'll update this thread.

Mdtaylorjr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
My 2021 is brand new on the stock tune and according to my RTD+ when I scanned it it still popped this code doesn't turn on the light though. I drive very conservatively though.

OP
OP
Kronazilla

Kronazilla

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
My 2021 is brand new on the stock tune and according to my RTD+ when I scanned it it still popped this code doesn't turn on the light though. I drive very conservatively though.
Interesting, I never got a CEL when on the stock or 93 tune. Then again the fact that you're CEL doesn't come on makes me wanna scan mine to see if were experiencing the same codes with no CEL on. Have you felt any power loss on you're car at any point?
Sponsored