Sponsored

Question on E85 flex tune to 93 octane tune

• Thread starter Deleted member 33561
  • Start date
  • Watchers 5

Deleted member 33561

I have the NGauge with 91/93 tune. I just added the E85/Flex fuel tune. I'm not sure how to switch between the tunes. I was told by Lund Racing that to switch fuels I need to do the "relearn" process each time. The video by Alex on YouTube says to bring the tank below 1/4 tank before refueling because that "triggers" the relearn function. So It seems even with the flex fuel tune you must do a relearn before changing to 93 octane fuel. My question is what process is required to switch from the Flex Fuel tune.back to my 93 octane tune. (I like my 93 octane tune).
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I have the NGauge with 91/93 tune. I just added the E85/Flex fuel tune. I'm not sure how to switch between the tunes. I was told by Lund Racing that to switch fuels I need to do the "relearn" process each time. The video by Alex on YouTube says to bring the tank below 1/4 tank before refueling because that "triggers" the relearn function. So It seems even with the flex fuel tune you must do a relearn before changing to 93 octane fuel. My question is what process is required to switch from the Flex Fuel tune.back to my 93 octane tune. (I like my 93 octane tune).
You can run 93 on a flex tune. You don't have to do anything except fill up the tank and drive it lightly to let the learn process work.

OP
OP

Deleted member 33561

Thanks but what I want to do is load my 93 octane tune because Lund Racing adjusted to suite my preference.

OP
OP

Deleted member 33561

Thanks but what I want to do is load my 93 octane tune because Lund Racing adjusted to suite my preference.
I think I need to let the flex fuel tune learn the 93 octane alcohol percent and then switch back to my 93 octane tune but I just want someone to confirm that's ok.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I think I need to let the flex fuel tune learn the 93 octane alcohol percent and then switch back to my 93 octane tune but I just want someone to confirm that's ok.
You want to ensure your tank is full of 93 before switching back to the non-Flex calibration.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 33561

According to that calculator I need to get my tank down to 2 gallons to get the mixture below 15%.

OP
OP

Deleted member 33561

I'm usually not running 93 octane with 0% alcohol. Pure gas is hard to find here as is E85. My "E85" gas is only 69% alcohol so 2 gallons left in the tank is good.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm usually not running 93 octane with 0% alcohol. Pure gas is hard to find here as is E85. My "E85" gas is only 69% alcohol so 2 gallons left in the tank is good.
Just let it go down to the Empty warning and you'll be good

Sponsored
OP
OP

Deleted member 33561

That calculator has no useful purpose that I can see. The octane numbers it calculates is nonsense and the amount of alcohol in the mixture is easy to calculate on any simple calculator app.

Jwh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
@Bluemustang when watching the AFR what should we be seeing? Numbers wise what is right and what is wrong?

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
@Bluemustang when watching the AFR what should we be seeing? Numbers wise what is right and what is wrong?
You should see about 9.8 - 10ish. As @Notagain said you can watch go down as you drive. Sometimes you may not reach 9.8 if you have a little gasoline left in the tank. What I do is drive and watch the AFR go down and once it has settled then I know it's time to let 'er rip.

For 93 octane it should be 14.1.

OP
OP

Deleted member 33561

I prefer to watch the oxygen percentage on the NGauge. With 93 octane my AFR is usually 14.7.
Sponsored