DTCs P061A/B on E85 Tune

Mdtaylorjr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
No never notice anything when driving. Added long tubes yesterday and still no lights after almost 200 miles. Waiting on my new tune from ortiz performance.
Sponsored

kyle7000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KYLE
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2016 Hellcat Charger, 2020 mustang GT
No never notice anything when driving. Added long tubes yesterday and still no lights after almost 200 miles. Waiting on my new tune from ortiz performance.
hate to revive this but did you ever figure out what was causing the issue on E85 op?

Mdtaylorjr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
hate to revive this but did you ever figure out what was causing the issue on E85 op?
Haven't run e85 yet. Took the car to get dyno tuned and the data log showed the car pulling timing like crazy on 93 due to knock. I suspect it's the exhaust system that I had to custom make to fit the headers. So I'm ordering a resonator delete and put the oem system back in with the direct connect mids and see if that eliminates the knock and then we will tune for e85

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Haven't run e85 yet. Took the car to get dyno tuned and the data log showed the car pulling timing like crazy on 93 due to knock. I suspect it's the exhaust system that I had to custom make to fit the headers. So I'm ordering a resonator delete and put the oem system back in with the direct connect mids and see if that eliminates the knock and then we will tune for e85
Just curious, is there ample clearance between the mid pipe and floorboard? If not, that could be the cause of your engine knock. I don’t have this problem, but I do see how easily it can occur with just 1/4” of clearance between my mid pipe and floorboard.

kyle7000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KYLE
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2016 Hellcat Charger, 2020 mustang GT
Dang alright just wanted to see if you found a fix for it, I’m working directly with sct now. I’ll reach out if I get it figured out to let ya know!

Mdtaylorjr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Just curious, is there ample clearance between the mid pipe and floorboard? If not, that could be the cause of your engine knock. I don’t have this problem, but I do see how easily it can occur with just 1/4” of clearance between my mid pipe and floorboard.
The 3 inch mids run right close to the trans cross member those may be hitting as well. I had to cut up my mbrp h pipe and and make it work to go full 3 inch. But I don't think I'll lose that much power going back to the mids that connect to the oem exhaust with a res. Delete and an axleback. It's also very close to the sway bar by the rear hangers.
Sponsored