Sponsored

DTC P160A after tire size change in tune

RacinJason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang base GT w/PP
I changed the tire size in the tune, and this code came up. Went back to stock size tire settings, cleared the codes, and now there is no code after more driving. So what gives? If we change the tire size is this an expected code and to be ignored? Maybe a tuner can tune that code out?
Sponsored

VanFiveO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
Had the same code pop up today. Happened after changing tire size/REVS with the FRPP device. Did you ever figure out if this code can just be cleared? I'd like to retain the correct tire size.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Had the same code pop up today. Happened after changing tire size/REVS with the FRPP device. Did you ever figure out if this code can just be cleared? I'd like to retain the correct tire size.
Did you use the correct number? It has to be in revs per mile specifically, if you use any other type of value it will be considered out of range and pop this code. It's likely also possible to pop it if it means your overall effective gear ratio is above 3.77 if your car has active rev matching, but that's just me speculating.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I'm not a pro tuner, just tune my car.....

There are 2 places for tire size, one is in the PCM or engine computer another in the BCM, Body control module. You can set the PCM to ignore or use BCM info. I suspect in both cases your PCM is set to use BCM info.

If you have forscan try setting tire size with that program.

VanFiveO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
Did you use the correct number? It has to be in revs per mile specifically, if you use any other type of value it will be considered out of range and pop this code. It's likely also possible to pop it if it means your overall effective gear ratio is above 3.77 if your car has active rev matching, but that's just me speculating.
Just set the Revolutions per mile to 775 as per the manufacturer spec. Car has rev matching since it's a 2021. Drives fine but was just curious.

Sponsored

VanFiveO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
I'm not a pro tuner, just tune my car.....

There are 2 places for tire size, one is in the PCM or engine computer another in the BCM, Body control module. You can set the PCM to ignore or use BCM info. I suspect in both cases your PCM is set to use BCM info.

If you have forscan try setting tire size with that program.
Don't have forescan but may look into it. Will have to do some reading. Thanks 👍

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Don't have forescan but may look into it. Will have to do some reading. Thanks 👍
Doesn't really work. Leave it stock and let the car self adjust.
That's what I did, below 60 km/h it's bang on, after it's 2 km/h faster when I went from a 27.3" tall tire to a 26.68" tall tire.

VanFiveO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
I just had this code pop up after changing wheels. I ran a crank relearn (I don't know if this is necessary, but always a good idea) and cleared the code. It hasn't popped again since.
Cleared the code and went for a short drive just now. Hasn't popped up since. Fingers crossed.

Thanks

VanFiveO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
Doesn't really work. Leave it stock and let the car self adjust.
That's what I did, below 60 km/h it's bang on, after it's 2 km/h faster when I went from a 27.3" tall tire to a 26.68" tall tire.
Speedo is accurate with the adjusted REV number. Code was just bugging me.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Speedo is accurate with the adjusted REV number. Code was just bugging me.
Yeah I had that code too. In my case, the faster I went, the larger the discrepancy. So I decide to leave the height stock height.

VanFiveO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
How exactly are you making this change?
Using my procal 4 device. There is an option under diagnostics & service functions to change tire size and gearing. I press that option, click continue and enter the revolutions per mile. In my case 751 for the 285 35R19 square set up I'm running. Hope that's the right way to adjust.

VanFiveO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1
Using my procal 4 device. There is an option under diagnostics & service functions to change tire size and gearing. I press that option, click continue and enter the revolutions per mile. In my case 751 for the 285 35R19 square set up I'm running. Hope that's the right way to adjust.
Haven't had the code pop up again after running to the grocery store and back.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
It is, you probably have to cycle the ignition though to get it to take properly. I'm not sure, I'll play with it myself soon. Glad it hasn't come back since with the correct value.
Sponsored