Sponsored

Driving modes with a Whipple tune

onlyturbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6spd, 2016 Audi S4 (Sold)., 2009 Subaru STI (Sold), 2003 SAAB Aero (Sold)
Is there a difference in the throttle response and or boost mapping/level between the Normal, Track and other driving modes?
This is for a gen 2 premium Coyote, with a gen 2 Whipple 2.9l Stage 2.
Thanks!
Sponsored

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Is there a difference in the throttle response and or boost mapping/level between the Normal, Track and other driving modes?
This is for a gen 2 premium Coyote, with a gen 2 Whipple 2.9l Stage 2.
Thanks!
Drive modes with the Whipple calibration will work just as they did on the stock calibration. So switching to sport mode or track mode from normal mode will change throttle, shift and anything else that changed with the stock tune.

Please let us know if you have any other questions in the meantime.

Thanks!

OP
OP
onlyturbo

onlyturbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rony
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6spd, 2016 Audi S4 (Sold)., 2009 Subaru STI (Sold), 2003 SAAB Aero (Sold)
Ok thank you!

I should have mentioned car is a manual mt-82.

I have to say I do not feel much difference if any at all in throttle response
between the Normal and Sport+ modes. Car feels as responsive in either drive modes. Maybe I am just not used to so much power, but yet I thought I should feel the response difference in the throttle mapping which I don't.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Ok thank you!

I should have mentioned car is a manual mt-82.

I have to say I do not feel much difference if any at all in throttle response
between the Normal and Sport+ modes. Car feels as responsive in either drive modes. Maybe I am just not used to so much power, but yet I thought I should feel the response difference in the throttle mapping which I don't.
Not a big difference for me, either, between sport+ And normal. BUT, try this if you want your mid blown ( pun intended): from a stop, change the drive mode to snow. Then drive steady state. While cruising change the drive mode over to sport. Pretty cool, huh? You just experienced throttle mapping.

Ruiner46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP
I've looked at the throttle mapping for the older 15-17 Whipple tunes and they change it to be different from stock Ford throttle mapping. Whipple keeps sport and wet the same as stock and basically moves normal to be a lot closer to sport. I didn't like it personally and I changed normal back to the way it was.

Sponsored

OP
OP
onlyturbo

onlyturbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rony
Vehicle(s)
Not a big difference for me, either, between sport+ And normal. BUT, try this if you want your mid blown ( pun intended): from a stop, change the drive mode to snow. Then drive steady state. While cruising change the drive mode over to sport. Pretty cool, huh? You just experienced throttle mapping.
This is what I was testing and found no difference when switching between normal and sport+ while car is moving with same throttle. I did not try to change to snow though, makes sense it will change the throttle mapping.

OP
OP
onlyturbo

onlyturbo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rony
Vehicle(s)
I've looked at the throttle mapping for the older 15-17 Whipple tunes and they change it to be different from stock Ford throttle mapping. Whipple keeps sport and wet the same as stock and basically moves normal to be a lot closer to sport. I didn't like it personally and I changed normal back to the way it was.
Ok, this now explains my observation! Did you see if the boost mapping/level changes between normal and sport?. What about track mode?
Thanks!

Ruiner46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP
Ok, this now explains my observation! Did you see if the boost mapping/level changes between normal and sport?. What about track mode?
Thanks!
There are no boost changes based on driving mode. Boost is controlled only by the pulley size. Sport and Track mode both use the same throttle mapping.

Here's a post I made on this a while back with a graph that shows the difference between the throttle mapping.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/terrible-mpg-on-whipple-setup.116706/page-2#post-2453515
Sponsored