Sponsored

Driver's side Mirrow Turned in Car Wash

Ecoboostman42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Orange Fury; A-10; Package 101A; Aluminum Polished 19"
New member and my guess is not many use auto car washes. Well, at my age and location I choose to and wanted to ask the following: I've used my car wash twice since my purchase several weeks ago and both times the driver's side mirror flipped outward. The last time it also returned to the normal position towards the end of the wash. As you know the mirrors can be pushed inward while parked to avoid being clipped, but my question is whether they are designed to withstand being flipped outward as described.

Thanks in advance for your responses.
Sponsored

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Are you using “soft touch” = brushes
or “touch less” = no brushes, high pressure water only?

If I ever have to use an auto car wash I only use the high pressure water only. No brushes touch my car. It will give your paint swirl marks.

Deleted member

New member and my guess is not many use auto car washes. Well, at my age and location I choose to and wanted to ask the following: I've used my car wash twice since my purchase several weeks ago and both times the driver's side mirror flipped outward. The last time it also returned to the normal position towards the end of the wash. As you know the mirrors can be pushed inward while parked to avoid being clipped, but my question is whether they are designed to withstand being flipped outward as described.

Thanks in advance for your responses.
They are designed to be able to flip either direction.

OP
OP

Ecoboostman42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Orange Fury; A-10; Package 101A; Aluminum Polished 19"
They are designed to be able to flip either direction.
Many thanks that was the question and your response was appreciated!

Clearly concerned that continued use of "soft brush" car wash would create a problem.

Many thanks!
Sponsored