Sponsored

Drivers seat clicking noise

Storm728

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt
I have this click/tick when i put weight on the seatback in either direction. I took some things off the seat to try and isolate the noise but couldnt quite find it. Sounds like its coming from where the rail meets the body but i could be wrong its hard to tell. Its driving me nuts while driving because it sounds like its right in my ear, but im not too amped to rush and take the car into the dealer to have it fixed after the recent experience i just had. If anyone has had this issue your input would be appreciated
Sponsored

Nonsequitur

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Euro Spec - 2014 Focus ST with EFR7163
I have the same problem. Traced the click/tick to the plastic covering the rear of the seat rail. Going to try and fix it tomorrow after work.

OP
OP
Storm728

Storm728

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt
I have the same problem. Traced the click/tick to the plastic covering the rear of the seat rail. Going to try and fix it tomorrow after work.
I thought it was near the rail and i took off both rear plastic covers and the side cover to no avail

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
On my 2018, I have a similar "creak" or "click" noise when my weight shifts forward or back (like when coming to a stop, or when beginning to accelerate from a stop.)

I could not exactly identify where it was coming from, but I did experiment with some different seat positions. I found that if I reclined the seatback at more of an angle, it would go away, but driving so laid-back was uncomfortable. I then found that I could raise the height of the back of the sea, which kind of tilts the whole seat forward, to offset the seatback angle. Anyway, I found a seating position that was good enough to be comfortable and did not make the noise. But I never actually "fixed" it.

If you trace it down to something more definitive, please post here. I'm also interested in whether or not yours goes away if you recline the seat or raise the seat position. These kinds of things are annoying, especially on a brand new car--I hate the idea of the dealer messing with it for such a minor issue.

OP
OP
Storm728

Storm728

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt
At this point ive been all under the seat everywhere shory of pulling the covers off. Im leaning towards it being something with the rail to body connection or something with the springs in the seat. Im probably going to take my seat out and try to replicate the noise with the seat on the floor. Will report back

Sponsored

OP
OP
Storm728

Storm728

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt
couldnt find the source but fixed my seatback cooling fan because one of the zipties was broken and called it a wrap. Ill probably take the seat out at some point down the road

paul_g

Have there been any updates? I just got a 2019 GT and it does the same thing. I have narrowed the noise down to the front left fasten location. I thought it was the plastic cover, so I removed that but pressing on the seat back generates the same noise.

I had a 2016 EB, which somewhat did it but NOT as bad as this. Matter of fact, it was this car that made me go back and check the EB.

I am not keen on taking it into the dealership. If anyone has an RCA or fix, I’m all ears.

OP
OP
Storm728

Storm728

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt
Have there been any updates? I just got a 2019 GT and it does the same thing. I have narrowed the noise down to the front left fasten location. I thought it was the plastic cover, so I removed that but pressing on the seat back generates the same noise.

I had a 2016 EB, which somewhat did it but NOT as bad as this. Matter of fact, it was this car that made me go back and check the EB.

I am not keen on taking it into the dealership. If anyone has an RCA or fix, I’m all ears.
My noise seems to have resolved itself. I searched high and low to pinpoint it but i never could. Seemed like it was coming from the lower half of the seat but i never hear it anymore. Maybe the seat needed to "break in" lol. Sorry i couldnt be of more help because it drove me nuts for a bit.

paul_g

My noise seems to have resolved itself. I searched high and low to pinpoint it but i never could. Seemed like it was coming from the lower half of the seat but i never hear it anymore. Maybe the seat needed to "break in" lol. Sorry i couldnt be of more help because it drove me nuts for a bit.
Thanks for the update! I only have 300 miles so may need to break in. I might take the plastic back off again and hit the area with some WD-40 and see what happens. Perhaps I need to drive the car more! Lol.

Sponsored

jrsimon27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 PP
Had the same problem on my recaro drivers seat. But the creaking noise lasted for a couple of days and it doesnt creak anymore. I just tried different seat positions and that seemed to help.

3AlarmStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Oxford White EcoBoost Auto
Mine does this too and it is very annoying due to me buying 2 19's within a month because my first one had a rattling issue in the seam of the car the dealer could never pinpoint. So, I bought this one instead and the seat makes the noise every time I drive it. Which has only been 4-5 times probably. I was hoping someone would have some kind of fix even if it was rigged lol... Oh well. I had a 09',10' and 15' with no issues. I assume nothing ever came of the plastic covering for the rear seat rail?

Nonsequitur

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Euro Spec - 2014 Focus ST with EFR7163
Still haven't been able to fix the ticking/creaking issue. Seems to come and go with a mind of it's own. Looks like the issue isn't just with the plastic covering the seat rail. I think the rail itself might be not be tightened down properly. When the heat subsides, I will remove everything and have a go at fixing this once and for all.

gatormark91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 401A Velocity Blue
My 19 GT was clicking in the driver's seat back from 2 weeks after I bought it in November. Clicked going over rough pavement or when I shifted my position, sound came from lumbar area. Eventually had to get Ford Customer service involved, because my local dealership (Greenway Ford, Orlando) are a bunch of proven incompetent idiots. I told them it was going to be something broken/loose in the seat back frame. After replacing everything but that, and milking Ford for $1800+, Ford finally made them replace the seat back frame, which fixed the creak/click. Apparently, this has been happening a bit on 2019s, there is a weld in the seat back frame that is not correct or is breaking. I'd expect a TSB on it eventually.

gatormark91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 401A Velocity Blue
My 19 GT was clicking in the driver's seat back from 2 weeks after I bought it in November. Clicked going over rough pavement or when I shifted my position, sound came from lumbar area. Eventually had to get Ford Customer service involved, because my local dealership (Greenway Ford, Orlando) are a bunch of proven incompetent idiots. I told them it was going to be something broken/loose in the seat back frame. After replacing everything but that, and milking Ford for $1800+, Ford finally made them replace the seat back frame, which fixed the creak/click. Apparently, this has been happening a bit on 2019s, there is a weld in the seat back frame that is not correct or is breaking. I'd expect a TSB on it eventually.
Eh, nevermind. It ain't fixed.

Back on the phone with Ford CSM tomorrow. Time to drop the suggestion that they RAV it or do I need to start Florida Lemon Law process? Ford into this for $2500 so far to fix a stupid creak in the seat that's been driving me nuts for months, has cost me weeks of use of my new car... I'm tired of this already..
Sponsored