Sponsored

Drive mode priority (active exhaust)

delhi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Hi All,
New to forum and just received my A10 Mustang 2018 GT 2 months ago. I love the car and I'm converted :cool:
For info it has performance pack 3 and all of the factory possible upgrades like magneride etc

Anyway, I have a couple of questions that maybe someone here knows the answer to (As Ford UK dealership don't know):

1. When in a drive mode say 'Normal' and I change the exhaust mode to 'Track' I get a warning about only using track mode on a track....which I just press 'OK' to but it got me wondering does exhaust mode super seed the drive mode...Ie is it no longer in 'Normal' drive mode and now in track drive mode?

2. On the automatic transmition when I select 'D' and say Sport+ mode.... is this ANY different from selecting 'S' on transmition and also selecting drive mode Sport+

3. Has anyone found a way to 'remember' drive mode once car is started?
Sponsored

Deleted member 33561

1. It's still in "Normal drive mode"
2. Yes Sport and Sport+ are different.
3. You can set the drive mode you like in "My Mode" but the car still starts in "Normal" and you have to hit the mode switch 2 times to get your "My Mode."
All answers are for stateside models. I don't know if your car is different.

Stephane4985

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephane
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black Mustang GT PP
[QUOTE="delhi, post: 2499502, member: 40786"I change the exhaust mode to 'Track' I get a warning about only using track mode on a track.[/QUOTE]

Ah! this is what it says!!! Figured it was something like that but on my GT PP 2018, It is only an empty box with a OK button.

Deleted member 33561

my mode is so stupid because the car never defaults to it upon startup.
I agree. My Mode should be the "Normal" mode if you want it. Ford has done some silly things on this car. The one I don't like is the power receptacle stays on for about 1 1/2 hours. Every dash cam I have owned depends on the receptacle power to go off when the engine is turned off. I had one dash cam explode when it got too hot after parked in the sun and left on.

Sponsored

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 401A with Active Exhaust
Hi All,
New to forum and just received my A10 Mustang 2018 GT 2 months ago. I love the car and I'm converted :cool:
For info it has performance pack 3 and all of the factory possible upgrades like magneride etc

Anyway, I have a couple of questions that maybe someone here knows the answer to (As Ford UK dealership doesn't know):

1. When in a drive mode says 'Normal' and I change the exhaust mode to 'Track' I get a warning about only using track mode on a track....which I just press 'OK' to but it got me wondering does exhaust mode super seed the drive mode...Ie is it no longer in 'Normal' drive mode and now in track drive mode?
----------No. Changing exhaust modes won't change driving modes. You can have track exhaust and normal driving mode.

2. On the automatic transmission when I select 'D' and say Sport+ mode.... is this ANY different from selecting 'S' on transmission and also selecting drive mode Sport+
----------In my opinion, Yes! Not sure on the technicals on this but I know what you mean. Trust me the easiest way is to just put the stick in S when you want some fun. I will tell you that S+ will allow the car to shift on it's own if you engage the paddle shifters to where the S on the stick will not. I think. You'll need to confirm that but I think that's correct.

3. Has anyone found a way to 'remember' drive mode once car is started?
----------It won't remember it

Redskull

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
I agree. My Mode should be the "Normal" mode if you want it. Ford has done some silly things on this car. The one I don't like is the power receptacle stays on for about 1 1/2 hours. Every dash cam I have owned depends on the receptacle power to go off when the engine is turned off. I had one dash cam explode when it got too hot after parked in the sun and left on.
This explains why the SD card in my dash camera gets full so quickly...

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
Is PP3 a UK thing?
Lee

OP
OP

delhi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Is PP3 a UK thing?
Lee
Yes, I believe it is UK specific... It's basically a configuration of options to help sell more upgrades pp3 contains magna ride, recaro seats, shaker pro etc

We lose many cool features in UK like remote start and light configuration (rear lights must be clear not black for example) but we also gain some wee thongs like wing mirror style is different shape which I preffer (all down TOEU regulations basically)
Sponsored